I get all this I really do but all I'm saying is most people don't judge the people by its government. If the people of Ireland think our current govt are useless then they will have plenty over here who will agree. I don't believe it changes the opinion of the brits one way or another and I don't think it's a big issue.

A countries reputation is over stated imho.

If one conducted a thought cloud on the UK and Ireland there maybe a couple more negative words but the over whelming outcome would be similar to what it was a decade ago. Same as other countries.
I didn’t say useless. I said untrustworthy.
A decade ago was a year after the late Queen’s visit. Things were far more hopeful for the future then, than they are now, even allowing for the fact you had a Tory government then too.

I suppose it’s fair to say that, it was probably similar with yourselves, judging by all events since and the opinions expressed in here.

We’ve only been thought of as a great country diplomatically until recently.

We’re about to find out what it means to be less respected as our diplomatic figurehead had died and we’ve a new found willingness to renege on deals we’ve just signed.

We’re in new territory as a country. None of us know how it will carry out, but having less gravitas on the world stage cannot be a good thing.
We are in strange times many countries citizens will be uneasy about the next few years I think they have more pressing things to worry about than Johnson Truss and Brexit.

I didn’t say useless. I said untrustworthy.
A decade ago was a year after the late Queen’s visit. Things were far more hopeful for the future then, than they are now, even allowing for the fact you had a Tory government then too.

I suppose it’s fair to say that, it was probably similar with yourselves, judging by all events since and the opinions expressed in here.

You didn't say useless but I would. Untrustworthy useless and callous would be an apt description:-)

We are in strange times many countries citizens will be uneasy about the next few years I think they have more pressing things to worry about than Johnson Truss and Brexit.
Indeed. They are the result of them feeling uneasy.

It remains to be seen whether their more desperate choices to affect the here and now will do it for the better.

So far, it’s not great news for them.

and this image should haunt him to his grave

View attachment 55449
That’s the saddest picture of her without Phillip but I bet he came back, took her hand when she left this earth.
Boris should be no where near government it was all simply party time I’ll never understand how he got anywhere near the parliament Hope he loses his seat at the next election then we won’t have to see his blonde unkept hair again.
We will be fine when labour get back in Starmer will make a good PM Truss won’t last long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.