As an aside that 4% figure winds me up. Your uneducated man in the street things that 4% is a small, even insignificant amount whereas the truth is that it’s the difference between a booming economy and a recession. Truss was targeting 2% growth as some sort of triumph to be focussed on and targeted.

Yep.

There is universal agreement that our economy is in desperate need of growth. There is one single, straightforward measure that would virtually guarantee growth, which would be to rejoin the single market.

But nobody will even talk about it.

Yep.

There is universal agreement that our economy is in desperate need of growth. There is one single, straightforward measure that would virtually guarantee growth, which would be to rejoin the single market.

I believe Labour will go there as soon as they win the election. They’d be mad not to and It’s an easy sell if you do it right. They are surely only hiding from the discussion now in fear of alienating the politically and economically illiterate.

So it wasn’t a nightmare it was real life. Some folk want the piece of dirt beneath our boots back! I’m going back to bed to hibernate for a year or two!!

Not really. I have a click and collect order to pick up. I still need to eat! :-)

Yep.

I'll settle for anyone or any mechanism that can get us back to having a strong pound. Sick of seeing this and it needs to be made a priority.

Yep.

Even the historical darling of the right , thatcher, knew the importance of the SM and how it was essential for economic growth.
If I remember rightly she was instrumental in its design.
Then the ludicrous gammon brexiters vote in a woman who wants to look and sound like her (and their) heroine, but actually has a polar opposite view on their favourite subject - Europe.
You really can fool some of the people all of the time.
This could be proved if they really are dumb enough to re-install the lying fraud depfeffel.

Yep.

I'm as pro EU as they come. But I fully support what Labour are doing with not raising the issue of the EU.

The reason we have such awful politicians is that the Torys gave in to the hard right loonies. A toxic mix of xenophobia and neo-liberal dogma was behind there anti eu rhetoric. That plus endless lying got the vote to leave over the line.

Labour and the remain campaign before them could not take on the lies. The lying had been normalised. It was project fear and anti patriotic.....

But with a full term and tory majority these was no point repeating this circus over and over. Far better to just let the tories slowly eat themselves as project fear became cold hard reality.

Labour will not raise the issue of the EU, they will say the absolute minimum. Butr once in power Brexit will start to be reversed. There will have to be another referendum at some point but again Labour wont mention it until it is almost guaranteed that the result will be a slam dunk rejoin vote.

I think the members are already being primed by the loony fringe for cries of a "stitch up" by MP's if BJ doesn't get to the threshold and put forward to their vote.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.