Exactly.

I would guess that 75% of party members would vote for him given a chance, which is why the 1922 committee have done their best to tailor the rules to minimise the chance.

However I understand that a lot of the local party organisations are imploring their MPs to support Johnson against the MPs' own better judgment. That could potentially tip Johnson over the 100 MP threshold which would guarantee him a win in the vote if there is only one other candidate over 100.

Hyperbole!! It’s nearer 70% ;)

Whoever gets the job I can only see further infighting in the Tory party. It's going to carry on regardless.
Certainly the best thing for the country is to call a GE, but they won't do that.

No chance. They’d rather spin the wheel and hope they can perform a miracle in the polls by sitting it out for the full term.

I agree. Their belief in their right to govern is paramount. Regardless of how shit they are.

Turkeys and Christmas spring to mind. I’d take a slightly different viewpoint. Whilst it might be desirable a GE isn’t what we need right now, we need stability. I’d very much favour seeing them form a government of national unity… the problems facing the UK are pretty much all global in nature. We need technocrats not characters right now. Sunak and Starmer could actually be a decent combination.

Back in the real world of course that can’t happen as the Tories have no leader but Starmer could offer it in place of a GE … could be another quite a smart move for Labour even if it didn’t happen in practice.

Sunak will be deemed to boring, won’t inspire voters and probably his skin colour will play a role

Boris is the entertainer, will annoy the lefties and speak a good game

I think they will go with Boris - which is an absolute joke by the way

Exactly.

I would guess that 75% of party members would vote for him given a chance, which is why the 1922 committee have done their best to tailor the rules to minimise the chance.

However I understand that a lot of the local party organisations are imploring their MPs to support Johnson against the MPs' own better judgment. That could potentially tip Johnson over the 100 MP threshold which would guarantee him a win in the vote if there is only one other candidate over 100.
The sad truth is this is probably their best shot. BJ obviously unfit for office, but a lot of us thought that back in 2019. The govt are due to get their arses handed to them at the next GE, unless they somehow manage to con/hoodwink the electorate. If you want the electorate conned and hoodwinked, then really BJ is the man for the job sadly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.