The Tories as they were known no longer exist

I am worried a bit that we are heading towards a schism of the Conservative Party because when you think about the success UKIP had and the rise of the far right across Europe and the USA, I feel quite certain that a genuinely right wing part would emerge.

This is kind of the problem with these election predictions that have the Tories as the 3rd/4th biggest party, if all those mainstream and one nation tories get made redundant, who is replacing them on the ballot in 5 years time?

I am worried a bit that we are heading towards a schism of the Conservative Party because when you think about the success UKIP had and the rise of the far right across Europe and the USA, I feel quite certain that a genuinely right wing part would emerge.

This is kind of the problem with these election predictions that have the Tories as the 3rd/4th biggest party, if all those mainstream and one nation tories get made redundant, who is replacing them on the ballot in 5 years time?
I think that the far right wing parties ended up hi-jacking the Tory party as they saw they could not win votes in their original guise as knuckle dragging racists, and saw putting on a grey three-piece suit and integrating themselves into the fabric of the Tory party as their route to power.
They are not the tories as recognised by most of us - they are just what they are - the remnants of the old NF, Ukip style rump, but sadly for the tories, they sold out to these for a huge majority at the GE and now they are paying for it.
If they can’t purge themselves of the poison they so readily invited, then the mainstream, one nation types will have to go off and re-form a new centre-right party as that still has a huge appeal in Britain and leave the right wingers exposed for what they are.

I guess the numbers are very tight. Suspect he hasn't got enough commitment and might be reliant on those sitting on their hands until the last minute. But there will be the anti BJ mob threatening to resign etc as well, lots to factor in.

As I have said before BJ is a very divisive character. Many tories hate him with passion.
The fact that his team is now trying to get Maudant to stand down says he does not have the numbers. Sunak now has 150 MPs its really looking like Johnson is going to struggle to get on the ballot.
A Sunak coronation is looking increasingly likely

I do not believe Johnson has the numbers and he is trying to gaslight Sunak into believing he has in return for his old job back. This is classic Johnson lying his way back into being party leader, and if Sunak holds his nerve I will be proven right on this.

Your theory as to what Johnson is up to is both ridiculous and entirely plausible at the same time. Which in turn tells you the level of political lunacy we've descended to in less than a decade.

Your theory as to what Johnson is up to is both ridiculous and entirely plausible at the same time. Which in turn tells you the level of political lunacy we've descended to in less than a decade.
When it comes to Johnson think the unthinkable and the lowest you can go. Coupled with the fact that He's trying to pull a similar stunt in Maudant says I might not be far from the truth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.