Alexei Navalny dead

Perhaps the greatest lesson there is in history is than human nature does not change from place to place and from time to time. People are the same.

The German public in the 1930s, the British in the 1940s, the Russians in the 2020s are all the same people, no more or less cowards than each other.
I think the Russians are more cowards as they have been conditioned to be it. IE To be dictated to. They have never had the freedoms we in the west have.

I think the Russians are more cowards as they have been conditioned to be it. IE To be dictated to. They have never had the freedoms we in the west have.

Cowards?

The country of Solzhenitsyn, Sakharov, Navalny?

Not sure you've thought this through.

Think people need to get off their high horse about Russia. The British have invaded loads of countries in their time. Large parts of Africa, the far East and we weren't doing it for the natives' benefit.

Was he a racist?
He has been accused of supporting some nationalist aims which could be considered as racist. Amnesty stripped him of "prisoner of conscience" status a few years ago for this reason. Google Alexei Navalny racist for more info.
There was a fair bit of racism in Ukraine before the Russian invasion but that has been overlooked by those more interested in criticising Putin's aims of an expanded Russia, and I agree with that to some degree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.