Alexis Mac Allister

I agree mate.

I think there is a big media hype around Mac Allister.

Like you, I’m not saying he’s not good, but pretty much everything you wrote is correct IMO.

The World Cup point is laughable. That’s where the hype comes from. A World Cup win is 7 games. Most of which is against average opposition till the quarters.

The WC comment was mine,it was tongue in cheek mostly......but he was instrumental in them winning the competition.

He is playing in a Brighton team with a couple of other outstanding players,where as we have 11....he is very similar in style and skillset to Gundo,he would be an ideal seamless replacement,and he'd improve and thrive here.

Reactions: nmc
Exactly. Him being part of a team that won the WC has deluded some people into thinking he's better than he actually is. Exactly the same thing happened with Enzo Fernandez. Good players but nowhere near world-class. Caicedo's ceiling in regards to potential is much higher than Mac Allister's, in my opinion.

And implying that he must be world-class because he has a WC medal is just borderline retarded.

I actually think Mac Allister is pretty good and whilst I see your point re players getting over hyped after major tournaments it is also a good indication that a player can handle pressure and perform in very high pressure situations... something that’s a massive consideration for us.

I actually think Mac Allister is pretty good and whilst I see your point re players getting over hyped after major tournaments it is also a good indication that a player can handle pressure and perform in very high pressure situations... something that’s a massive consideration for us.

Exactly.

He's calm,composed,aggressive,reliable/dependable and technically very good.

He is a very good player. But I don't think he should get as much hype as he does, and Brighton have a few players that are better and will become better.

(Talking the last 2/3 pages of this topic now)

I think everyone is all sort of on the same page with only slightly different views but forum madness has made it seem we are all majorly in disagreement . Ha.

I think he'd be a good fit in our squad but fully expect him to join Liverpool.

Will be interesting to see where Maddison ends up? spurs? Newcastle?

I think he'd be a good fit in our squad but fully expect him to join Liverpool.

Will be interesting to see where Maddison ends up? spurs? Newcastle?
prob newcastle, but they are tracking Szoboszlai as well and he has a release clause

I agree mate.

I think there is a big media hype around Mac Allister.

Like you, I’m not saying he’s not good, but pretty much everything you wrote is correct IMO.

The World Cup point is laughable. That’s where the hype comes from. A World Cup win is 7 games. Most of which is against average opposition till the quarters.
Unless you get England in the group or round of 16….;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.