alexis sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
pml79 said:
Big_Fan said:
Grahame Hunter has just been on TalkShite. Trying to remember exactly what he said but the key points were that Sanchez does not want to go to Liverpool, and Arsenal are the most likely destination for the palyer at this stage and they are willing to stump up the cash.

He said the only change could be if Manchester City sell Negredo to Athletico Madrid, which he has asked for then Sanchez head could be turned.

Pritty much what we knew but thought it was worth posting.
I got a feelin this is whats goin to happen
We had better sell Negredo quickly then!

chris85mcfc said:
The main factor will be if Sanchez wants to come here as opposed to going to Arsenal

If he would rather come here then perhaps we wouldn't need to match Arsenals offer anyway

Barca need to sell him to help fund the Suarez deal and we could probably low ball them if we know he has his heart set on coming to City

We can probably recoup about £15m - £20m from dead wood ie Rodwell, Guidetti, Sinclair, Richards and that fee from Everton for Barry, so selling Negredo for around £20m would see us able to sign Benatia £30m, Sanchez £30m and maybe Caballero £6m

Would be a class window if we can pull it all off
Agree
I think he's Arsenal bound tbh and the money is still coming in for him to join them,currently 4/6
We are 33/1 for us to be his destination,and theres no takers at that price.

The cookie monster said:
chris85mcfc said:
The main factor will be if Sanchez wants to come here as opposed to going to Arsenal

If he would rather come here then perhaps we wouldn't need to match Arsenals offer anyway

Barca need to sell him to help fund the Suarez deal and we could probably low ball them if we know he has his heart set on coming to City

We can probably recoup about £15m - £20m from dead wood ie Rodwell, Guidetti, Sinclair, Richards and that fee from Everton for Barry, so selling Negredo for around £20m would see us able to sign Benatia £30m, Sanchez £30m and maybe Caballero £6m

Agree
I think he's Arsenal bound tbh and the money is still coming in for him to join them,currently 4/6

I would imagine we have certainly contact his people and barca regarding his situation. I would be amazed if we didn't sell negredo for £20m plus to fund a move for alexis.

We can't really make a move for Sanchez until we know who we are able to sell, and at what price. But I can see it taking right up until the deadline for us to ship the deadwood. By then, I would have thought Sanchez's future will have been decided. Due to the restrictions in place, we have so much more work to do than the other teams. It seems unlikely that we can pull it all off. It's out of our hands since we're relying on sales which may or may not happen.

chris85mcfc said:

That's an understatement, Txiki would deserve a statue if we got in Sagna,Fernando,Sanchez, Benatia, Caballero under the transfer cap

IanBishopsHaircut said:
The mind boggles with some of you cunts

Do you actually even remember how good the beast was first half of the season?!
That's not the issue though is it. It appears he is not happy in Manchester, can't settle here (nobody has come out to deny the rumours). Some people even say he's ASKED to join Atletico. So it's not a question of should we sell him or not. He's leaving. It's just about getting the biggest fee we can.

Tricky_Trev said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

That's not the issue though is it. It appears he is not happy in Manchester, can't settle here (nobody has come out to deny the rumours). Some people even say he's ASKED to join Atletico. So it's not a question of should we sell him or not. He's leaving. It's just about getting the biggest fee we can.

Why should anyone have to feel the need to confirm or deny what is at the end of the day only 'rumours'

If the club did that for every rumour they would be releasing statements every hour

Until I hear it directly from Negredo's mouth or a statement is released from City, I am taking everything with a pinch of salt

However i'm far more likely to believe Stu Brennan's most recent article saying neither him or nasty are leaving than a few unsubstatiated comments on twitter or other unreliable source

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Tricky_Trev said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

Why should anyone have to feel the need to confirm or deny what is at the end of the day only 'rumours'

If the club did that for every rumour they would be releasing statements every hour

Until I hear it directly from Negredo's mouth or a statement is released from City, I am taking everything with a pinch of salt

However i'm far more likely to believe Stu Brennan's most recent article saying neither him or nasty are leaving than a few unsubstatiated comments on twitter or other unreliable source
I get that, but equally, when trying to get the maximum fee you can for a player, you don't brief your local newspaper that he's available. You let potential suitors believe he's important to you. So we'll see, but I reckon he's off.

The cookie monster said:
chris85mcfc said:

Agree

As things stand it seems Arsenal are his likely destination, but things could change quickly if the rumours of Negredo wanting to go are true.

Without being arrogant, if he was given a straight choice between us and Arsenal id be very surprised if he chose them based on the fact we are in a better position to win trophies.

And as far as wanting to sell Negredo is concerned, id happily have him stay if he wants to, but if there is an option to sell him and bring in Sanchez then its a no brainer really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.