alexis sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who say the club don't need him are crazy. I truly believe that Sanchez has the potential to become one of the best players in the world at a different club. At Barcelona he's restricted and that is hindering him. If he was to sign for another team and given the freedom he needs he will excel.

We do need a player like Sanchez but can't see us getting him.. Apparently Arsenal offered 32m with our restriction this summer it not doable

alfabianchi said:
I don't think that Real Madrid is an appropriate supermarket for players. Athletico yes, but that other bunch are nothing but shysters and vagabonds. They picked up Di Maria from Benfica. We should be getting in there first, not trying to sign them 4 years later when they are 26.
I think we were in for him 4 years ago but we were probably a bit risky for him.

sam-caddick said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Do we need him?

I am comfortable with our squad on the whole.

Sagna and Fernando are good squad signings.

If we can convince Dzeko and Milner to stay then we just need a CB. All the remaining budget should be spent on this position.

Left back is still a slight concern as I'm not a fan of clichy and think Kolorov whilst improved is still a bit ropey defensively.

Other than that it's ok for me.

Title between us and Chelsea for me with rags jumping to third.

We have to be thinking about the Champions League big time now though.

I just think when Sergio is out we struggle up top because our pace has gone and Silva and Nasri's games struggle because they cannot make passes for players to run on to because none of the other strikers have the pace, everything seems to be passed to feet.

Sanchez would add alot to our attacking game in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong I think he is a good player and wouldn't mind seeing him in blue but whilst MDM had a good second half of the season, we really can't take a chance that he, a getting more injury prone Kompany and Nastasic will be enough at the back. A decent CB will cost us £25 mil plus and that takes up most of the remaining budget unless we sell.

When it is mentioned that players may be sold, people seem to get all defensive.

If we could get Sanchez and a CB and sell Negredo, Rodwell, Richards and possibly Garcia then I would be ok with that.

However I can't see it happening.

Jovetic will hopefully be like a new signing for us next season.

Can't help but feel big players keep passing us by. The last marquee signing we had was Aguero. It's good to have one every few years and properly strengthen your team with a world class player.

pavelsrnicek said:
Rafa Hernandez says he's off to arsenal
it might be true because it makes the most sense, but Rafa Hernandez has never been right since I've started following people on twitter.

SiWatts90 said:
Don't care what anyone thinks but if the dippers get Sanchez and another top class forward they will be fighting for the title again

Maybe, but they need to do something about those 50 goals they conceded. And playing in Europe will hurt them in the league.

mcfc482 said:
Can't help but feel big players keep passing us by. The last marquee signing we had was Aguero. It's good to have one every few years and properly strengthen your team with a world class player.

I can see where your coming from. If we look back at the summer after we first won the Premier League we made the mistake of not building on what we achieved which became very evident in our defence of the trophy. This time however I feel we are in a stronger position mentally. If we can manage to get Vinny a top class partner and persuade Yaya to stay I reckon we have the tools to do the job again. I know its usually imperative to freshen things up and avoid stagnation.
Jovetic will be like a new signing, Most of our signings from last season will know now what to expect and should be acclimatised and fresh for this season. The main concern is Vinny and Sergio's injury record. We have been very unlucky regarding key man injured, fingers crossed we get a good season out of them.
Still wouldn't say no to Sanchez coming though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.