alexis sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zabbasbeard said:
chris85mcfc said:
Zabbasbeard said:
On current form I agree mate, but he's had some pretty ordinary games for Barca and some good ones . Maybe he suffered being in and out of the team at Barca, and not being the main man. Maybe he can be more prominent at City, if we get him. I'd love to see his pace and skill in our side. He works 'ard too. He should have come straight here from Udinese!

I don't think he really managed to hold a slot down in the Barca team, and the team is built around Messi and since Sanchez has been there he has had some pretty tough competition on that right side.

I think he is built for the premier league and would fit straight into our system. Especially with the signing of Fernando, if we are to go with a midfield 3 in certain games, a front 3 of Silva/Aguero/Sanchez or even Silva/Dzeko/Sanchez would be pretty frightening. Obviously you have got Nasri, Jovetic and Navas as well but im just using the above as an example.

He seems to have an incredible work ethic and his pace on the break would be immense. Also with his style of play being similar to Aguero's in terms of pace, power and low centre of gravity, it would mean that we could afford to rest Aguero if he was in need of it.

I love Negredo but it just doesn't make sense having two relatively big strikers when most of our game is built around quick passing and trying to get in behind parked buses, and if Negredo does want to leave then Sanchez would be a perfect replacement.

Totally agree. Love all those qualities and Sanchez's attitude. I think the world of Negredo but he and Dzeko are similar in the runs they make, though the former is clearly a better hold up player and relishes the physical side of the game. He looked very unhappy at the end of the season (not in a mardy way). I think he realised his total loss of form since the injury had cost him what looked at one point to be a nailed on World Cup place. I feel sorry for him for that but I think Sanchez would be a better bet. Didn't see all the Brasil v Chile game as I was on holiday and got back from a trip into our hotel just in time to see Sanche score the equaliser. He was mightily impressive. felt sorry for him and Chile as a whole. They played really well and gave it their all. I'd love to see Sanchez in a 4-3-3 as you say with Serge in the middle and Silva/Nasri, or indeed any 3 of Silva/Sanchez/Nasri/Aguero with Dzeko an option. I hope Dzeko signs (not missed anything in the last week or so have I?)

No mate you've not missed anything, Dzeko relishes the big games and id be very surprised if they haven't already sorted a new contract out.

I like him. Has the control of Silva, the work ethic of Tevez and the vision of Yaya. Would sit nicely alongside Yaya and Silva with Nasri milner and navas as back up as back up.

i[BLACK HEART SUIT]city! said:
Hart of the matter said:
I like him. Has the control of Silva, the work ethic of Tevez and the vision of Yaya. Would sit nicely alongside Yaya and Silva with Nasri milner and navas as back up as back up.

3 players as back up ? seriously ? I suggest we let Navas go for a reasonable amount

Yaya leaving and or ACON, injuries and Garcia potentially leaving (Yaya back to DM as cover or even Milner) i can just about see it with Yaya- and definitely without him (hope not). Negrado or Jovetic would have to go though. I like both and would be sad to see either leave.
If we are left with Aguero and Jovetic we definitely require additional cover that Sanchez can bring.

Pretty sure he would only move to a club where he is a fix starter and not rotated. His problems at Barca coming from he is automatically in the shadow of Messi/Neymar. not being played in his best position.

If he moves to another club it will be like Özil to Arsenal, where he became a fix point of the first eleven.

Question is would he becone a fix starter at City? I dont think so.

I really expect lot of extra playing time for Jovetic. Get the best out of Jovetic thats one of the big hope for me. He has the potential to be a world class match winner type of player. Getting Sanchez would surely not help Jovetic in playing time. Even if its happaning with selling Negredo.

If Negredo goes I would go for a younger, cheaper left winger/attacker type of player with pace that doesnt have be in the first 11 always but would add a few goals. And more playing time for Dzeko, Jovetic, Agüero.

Dont forget many times it will be 3 CM's playing with one striker.

chris85mcfc said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
With FFP sanctions the only way this can happen is with a big sale - it doesn't sound like City want to sell Negredo so I dont see how City can do this - probably just paper talk, I fully expect Arsenal to sign him!'

So were you expecting City to admit that they want to sell Negredo?

Get a grip, thats not how a business works

Get a grip???? Why cos you don't agree?? I tell you now City do NOT want to sell Negredo ... That would leave Dzeko plus two other injury prone strikers in Aguero & Jovetic. IMO Jovetic not an out and out striker too.

I would say you are one that needs to get a grip if you think City want to sell Negredo ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.