alexis sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
MaineRoadBlue said:
shaiomarali said:
If Negredo gets his form back, I would not trade the Beast for the Squirrel.

Negredo 13/14 stats
Played 49, scored 23, assists 8, YC 4, minutes played : 2,554

Sanchez 13/14 stats
Played 54, scored 21, assistc 17, YC 6, minutes played : 3,412

I know its not like for like as Sanchez is a winger and he does hold his own as a phenomenal explosive player. But goal scoring is not our problem. Besides I am not convinced of his tracking back, Milner does a decent job in protecting Zaba. I dont think Sanchez would be willing to play that team game. He wants to be one of the main men and usually floats in the box. We have that explosive player in Yaya who can take on 3-4 men on his own.

If assist from the wings is what makes Sanchez a wise addition to the team, then look no further than Milner, who played in 44 games at times as late sub, with an assist in 13/14 of 15. That's 2 assist shy of Sanchez with less games and no Messi or Neymar in front.

If Sanchez were to go to any top 10 club in the league, arsenal would be my choice because that is the least fit for Sanchez.

Very good post and details like this don't go unnoticed by those that decide on transfers, unlike the majority of us that merely see a player have a good summer tournament and assume he will be a world beater.

You need to look no further than Pborski, Brolin, Diouf and Amokachi (remember him!) to realise the errors of purchasing in haste often leads to regret at leisure!

Just so far wide of the mark. He's scored as many as a winger that plays in the same team as Messi, as well as having double the assists as Negredo. Sanchez is not a player just having a good tournament, we were in for him when he left Udinese and missed out then, we shouldn't make the same mistake again.

MaineRoadBlue said:
shaiomarali said:
If Negredo gets his form back, I would not trade the Beast for the Squirrel.

Negredo 13/14 stats
Played 49, scored 23, assists 8, YC 4, minutes played : 2,554

Sanchez 13/14 stats
Played 54, scored 21, assistc 17, YC 6, minutes played : 3,412

I know its not like for like as Sanchez is a winger and he does hold his own as a phenomenal explosive player. But goal scoring is not our problem. Besides I am not convinced of his tracking back, Milner does a decent job in protecting Zaba. I dont think Sanchez would be willing to play that team game. He wants to be one of the main men and usually floats in the box. We have that explosive player in Yaya who can take on 3-4 men on his own.

If assist from the wings is what makes Sanchez a wise addition to the team, then look no further than Milner, who played in 44 games at times as late sub, with an assist in 13/14 of 15. That's 2 assist shy of Sanchez with less games and no Messi or Neymar in front.

If Sanchez were to go to any top 10 club in the league, arsenal would be my choice because that is the least fit for Sanchez.

Very good post and details like this don't go unnoticed by those that decide on transfers, unlike the majority of us that merely see a player have a good summer tournament and assume he will be a world beater.

You need to look no further than Pborski, Brolin, Diouf and Amokachi (remember him!) to realise the errors of purchasing in haste often leads to regret at leisure!

Yea cause no one had heard of Sanchez before this World Cup

All this World Cup has done is made people realise how good he is when he is playing in a team that isn't built around one man

Celebritykiller said:
I'd be definitely looking to shift players for funds Sanchez became available
Well someone's going to have to be moved on if Sanchez is to be signed.
As it stands right now, and with the expected signings of Benatia and Caballero, we will have 19 registered overseas players on the books. Two will have to go just to satisfy the PL squad rules, and if Sanchez was to sign, another one would have to leave. At this time, Yaya and Negredo would be the easiest to shift for well published reasons, but who would be the other? It always amuses me when I read on here that we should "Sell xxx" or "Get rid of xxx" as if in each case these players were pieces of junk just waiting to be binned. They're not, they're real people who signed up with best intentions, yet supporters are only too quick to turn on them for no other reason than another 'name' suddenly becomes available.

eversince 76 said:
ethan23 said:
I think Sanchez would make be an incredible acquisition and would make the most impact in the champions league. Able to attack at pace and create chances as well as being reliable to stick to his position and cover the full back

........................................Hart..............................................

Zabaleta.........Benatia.................Kompany.........Kolarov

.....................Fernandinho.....Fernando............................

.......Sanchez....................Yaya...................Silva.................

................................Aguero..................................................

Surely this is a team capable of going all the way in the champions league. Especially when you bear in mind the options on the bench ,
Sagna
Nasri
Milner
Navas
Dzeko
Beast

So who do wel sell to be able to buy Sanchez?

And Sanchez is all but covering up the fullback. Navas does! Sanchez never did that at Udinese, nor Barcelona and I have not seen him doing it for Chili these last few weeks. He's a great player, but let's try and not make him any bigger (not talking his bodylength).

And I very much doubt City is interested in him. They were, two years ago and with Mancini at the helm. But Mancini was always looking for individual class as where Txiki and Pellegrini look for players who suits the squad and system. Perfectly proven by last summer buys.

Thats because he plays behind the main striker for Udinese and Chile! Be silly to ask Aguero to cover a fullback, wont it?

What Sanchez will bring that Negredo cannot is the ability to have that explosive pace to run in behind the defence.

When Sergio is out we look lost up top because Silva and Nasri can't make defence splitting passes for players to run on to because nobody has the pace, everything becomes predictable and passes are made to feet.

I think Sanchez will offer us a similar goalscoring tally to Negredo but will offer the much needed pace we need to add up top.

He can also run and dictate games as we have seen for Chile in this World Cup.

I am starting to believe something is not quite right with Negredo because there are numerous sources saying he has asked to leave or isn't happy, if its the case then lets see if we can get £20m and put whatever we can left over to get Sanchez in.

TheKingOfTown said:
I am shocked at the amount of people who are willing to sell Negredo already. Anyway, it's clear we are not in for this guy, so we all just need to move on I'd say.
How is it clear?

Damien10 said:
TheKingOfTown said:
I am shocked at the amount of people who are willing to sell Negredo already. Anyway, it's clear we are not in for this guy, so we all just need to move on I'd say.
How is it clear?
I haven't seen a single article linking us to him. I've only seen Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal, and Juventus interested in him. There's always at least a few articles about a team being interested in someone if the team actually is interested.

TheKingOfTown said:
Damien10 said:
TheKingOfTown said:
How is it clear?
I haven't seen a single article linking us to him. I've only seen Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal, and Juventus interested in him. There's always at least a few articles about a team being interested in someone if the team actually is interested.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/385651/Man-Utd-Transfer-Zone-17m-bid-for-new-Ronaldo-Van-Gaal-first-signing-City-want-Sanchez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... nt-Sanchez</a>

Daz_Blue said:
TheKingOfTown said:
Damien10 said:
How is it clear?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/385651/Man-Utd-Transfer-Zone-17m-bid-for-new-Ronaldo-Van-Gaal-first-signing-City-want-Sanchez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... nt-Sanchez</a>
Oh, haven't seen that. Still feel it's unlikely, though. I think Arsenal is going to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.