alexis sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty said:
Quality signing, but as Arsenal proved last season with Ozil, spending big one 1 player isn't going to make them title contenders. They need to address their defensive issues, and add some size, strength and defensive ability to the midfield, without that they'll be a free scoring, attractive side that falls short when the pressures on, as per usual.

They are strongly linked to Lars Bender and Sami Khedira at the moment, if they get those two in then they are proper challengers to not just the Premier League, but to the Champions League as well.

They could get all three for around £80m if the fees are all rumoured to be correct, that would be pretty good business if you ask me.

Davs 19 said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Great signing for them.

Agreed. A quality player with desire. Still, we can't sign everyone much as many would like us to .........

good player.... we just need a CB and we are done for the summer ..genuinely 2 class players for each position

arsene had to spend...and have to agree its a great signing for them

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Could you imagine the carnage that would ensue had we signed a player that pushed aside Oxlade-Chamberlain?
Arsenal, destroying England's chances since 2014...

Congratulations to Arsenal, but i never understood why we were interested. Suarez surely joining Barca now despite them not playing the same position.

Must admit I feel a bit deflated we did not seem interested in this player.

He was the perfect player to allow us to adopt a system more suited to Europe. He was the one player I was hoping to add to the squad over the summer and a 30 million pound fee seems ridiculously cheap. Particularly for a player aged 25,his level of experience and flexibility to play in numerous positions.

Press pack reported well placed sources as saying City weren't interested

But he's clearly a very talented player and Arsenal fans will be justifiably excited to see him

At least he's not going to play for Man Utd

Davs 19 said:
Bruun said:
Congratulations to Arsenal, but i never understood why we were interested. Suarez surely joining Barca now despite them not playing the same position.

There's no real evidence we ever were. I suspect that Wenger may play him as a 9......

I ment why the fans and bluemooners wanted him.

Great for Arsenal. what I think was really good from them the speed they did this deal similar to Fabregas/Chelsea.

First news about it came after Suarez had the bite incident on the WC, that Liverpool might ask Sanchez+money for Suarez. Sanchez wanted to go to London instead, Arsenal instantly put in a good deal and probably 1-2 weeks later its done.

Fabregas to Chelsea wasnt slower than this probably. Get there, put down the money and take a really good player. Good for them. Both will be key players for their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.