Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the negative Salfordpaul mentioned yesterday would be that Aguero would be leaving if Sanchez came in. Did he say otherwise?

That would mean this transfer would go from "fucking get in" to "meh, just leave me alone to cry in a dark room".

The negative had nothing to do with Aguero.....SP explained it in a later post...SP said it was more to do with Arsenal making things difficult.

Haven't read the whole thread though I'd love us to sign him, fanstastic player.
However, would a big name have to leave to free up space? Our attcking options are ridiculous already
and I can't see everyone being kept happy.....

Haven't read the whole thread though I'd love us to sign him, fanstastic player.
However, would a big name have to leave to free up space? Our attcking options are ridiculous already
and I can't see everyone being kept happy.....

Bernardo has replaced Navas.

Kelechi is off and so is Nolito, so if anything we have two positions needed to be filled.

I think we have Sanchez in mind and I wouldn't be surprised to see Patrick Roberts be given the other spot if he has a good pre-season.

Bernardo has replaced Navas.

Kelechi is off and so is Nolito, so if anything we have two positions needed to be filled.

I think we have Sanchez in mind and I wouldn't be surprised to see Patrick Roberts be given the other spot if he has a good pre-season.

This would be nice to see.

Players must give notice that they plan to use Article 17 within 15 days of the final league game of the season.

Without that notice they are open to disciplinary measures. Previously, players have been banned for several games after missing the deadline then invoking article 17.
Also the top clubs have an unwritten agreement not to sign players from each other using article 17. It would fuck up the transfer market - imagine GJ in a few years buying his contract out for say £8m and fucking off to Barca.

I'm not optimistic on this deal, but one thing I'm fairly confident of is that he's not said that to them.

Weren't his quotes along the lines of he's made his decision now it's up to Arsenal? Somehow I'm pretty confident he's not said "I really want to stay" & now Arsenal are saying "we'll think about it". The only way to read that statement is he's said something Arsenal won't agree with & now he'll see how they respond.
I've read 3 separate versions of what Sanchez has supposed to have said, but like I've said, I'm not gonna get too twisted about what was/wasn't said. I'm sure with 3 weeks to go before the start of the football season, things will become crystal clear.

Well I'll have to take your word for it. Doesn't sound like much of a negative though, I'd say that's just par for the course.

Im not sure you think you would have to take my word for it?

Its what SP said......nothing to do with my take on it or anything....just what he said...

Sanchez coming has no connection to what Aguero does or may do......and never has

Mbappe on the other hand is different.

I'm rather sceptical about the idea that they can keep him another season and therefore qualify for the CL due to his presence in the team.
He was there last season and they failed to achieve top 4.
Given that the teams around arsenal will be improving , it's certainly not a given that they would finish top 4 this coming season, especially with Thursday night football anchoring them.
But worst of all for arsenal, if they qualify they would have to convince a player who openly says that he wants to win the CL - not just qualify only to be knocked out before the quarter finals, that they share his ambition in that respect, and given arsenal's record of failure in the tournament, that would take major leap of faith on Sanchez's part, and at 28 can he afford the risk that arsenal would suddenly change from also-rans to serious challengers in the next 3 to 4 years?

People fail to see that Arsenal deal in a certain way. I quite agree with the notion that the right thing to do in this context is to keep the player for an extra year if he wouldn't go abroad and maintain your pride as a club and of course hold on to that glimmer of hope that the player will extend his contract in the course of the season. But what Arsenal would do in this situation is a different matter all together. Yes if I was in charge of these sort of dealings at Arsenal I would either absolutely rinse the buying club or allow his contract run down. If they get things wrong this season, their chances of recovery may get even harder over the coming years and they could well experience a fall similar to Liverpool's. Those that call the shots at Arsenal only care about the ***£¥ and that's likely to play out in our favour. And don't even mention the point that they would see the bigger picture this time around and act accordingly. Their attitude to money is more opportunistic than visionary so they'd much rather cash in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.