Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think this is a non starter and we should quit with the obsession. If Sanchez really wants to come he should have put in a transfer request or go on strike like Essien or act like Costa but the fact he hasn't speaks volumes

How does one go on strike whilst on holidays?

Think this is a non starter and we should quit with the obsession. If Sanchez really wants to come he should have put in a transfer request or go on strike like Essien or act like Costa but the fact he hasn't speaks volumes

He is on his holidays. How does he go on strike?!

Don't care what Wenger says. I still don't think Sanchez will stay unless he signs a new contract. I just don't believe they are in the business of losing 50m+ just to have him for one season. They may want to prove a point but I doubt they want to prove it to the tune of 50m quid.

It would be poor business sense to keep Sanchez for a year and balk at the fee Monaco want for Lemar and end up missing out on him and losing Sanchez next year. Makes more sense long term to sell Sanchez and use the funds to help their Lemar bid. They would also free up more of the wage bill. We'll see.

Ok soz let me rephrase. When he returns from his jollies he should Refuse to train or play and force their hand

Sanchez wont go on strike, I doubt hed even hand in a transfer request, and Im certain his agent would love for him to sit tight for 12 months, play his best football, and be the most sought after free agent ever.
Its not as if hes in a desperate situation, its a win win thing for him.

Lets just hope we have an adequate plan B in the event this transfer doesn't materialise-its looking 50/50 at best this one.

We cant go into the season without adequate firepower-this is Peps biggest season so far in his managerial career.

Ok soz let me rephrase. When he returns from his jollies he should Refuse to train or play and force their hand

Sorry but any player who does that is a bit of a **** in my eyes, and it's disappointing to see fans encourage that type of behaviour. It's one thing a player telling his club that he wants a move but to then down tools because it doesn't go his way is bang out of order. And I say that as someone who would love to see Sanchez sign for us.

In any case, there's still 6 weeks until the transfer window closes so there's still plenty of time for Arsenal to change their mind and sell him and it's not like Sanchez is going to be match-fit when the season starts anyway.

Sanchez wont go on strike, I doubt hed even hand in a transfer request, and Im certain his agent would love for him to sit tight for 12 months, play his best football, and be the most sought after free agent ever.
Its not as if hes in a desperate situation, its a win win thing for him.

I disagree. He could break his leg tomorrow and never play again. He has only one year left on his contract but if he signs a new one it's worth £50m to him guaranteed.

Arsenal are using that as leverage to get him to sign their offer. He'll either sign for them or hand in a transfer request. Gambling on his fitness for another year would be foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.