Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. He could break his leg tomorrow and never play again. He has only one year left on his contract but if he signs a new one it's worth £50m to him guaranteed.

Arsenal are using that as leverage to get him to sign their offer. He'll either sign for them or hand in a transfer request. Gambling on his fitness for another year would be foolish.

I think the closer he gets to the end of his contract, the stronger his position becomes, I really don't think a career ending injury will be in his thinking. You can't plan your career like that.
If he does sign a new contract, I think there'll be clauses in it to allow him to leave if certain things don't happen.
I can't see him signing though, as a free agent he can make a killing.

Hope Arsenals owners are watching Arsenal right now. Getting played off the park by Bayern, hoping doubts are creeping in that getting Champions League money by keeping Sanchez might not be enough.

I think the closer he gets to the end of his contract, the stronger his position becomes, I really don't think a career ending injury will be in his thinking. You can't plan your career like that.
If he does sign a new contract, I think there'll be clauses in it to allow him to leave if certain things don't happen.
I can't see him signing though, as a free agent he can make a killing.

Why can't you plan your career like that? That's quite a statement. It would be very foolish for fitness not to be in his thinking at all.

I appreciate it shouldn't be the only factor because it's unlikely. That said, Arsenal are in a position where they can genuinely say to him: our offer is £50m guaranteed over the next 5 years, vs. A range of unknowns, and one of those unknowns is £0.

If he thinks he can get more elsewhere and fulfil his footballing ambitions I expect he'll put in a transfer request. That said, I've always thought this was about money.

Arsenal have called his bluff. Now he has to put up or shut up.

Why can't you plan your career like that? That's quite a statement. It would be very foolish for fitness not to be in his thinking at all.

I appreciate it shouldn't be the only factor because it's unlikely. That said, Arsenal are in a position where they can genuinely say to him: our offer is £50m guaranteed over the next 5 years, vs. A range of unknowns, and one of those unknowns is £0.

He will have personal insurance for a career ending injury

If PSG persuade Sanchez to sign for them that's unfortunate.

The only way we get him is if we are the only side in the running and he has clearly told Arsenal that he won't sign a new deal and the £50m from us is better than FA in the summer. That's the only way we get a deal. IF PSG can turn his head then well done to them but sadly not much we can do. No blame to Pep, Txiki, Ferran, Khaldoon or Sheikh Mansour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.