Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say the bookies are the opposite of KFA. They follow the money and odds can fluctuate depending on the punters.

You're right with regards to never seeing a broke bookies but that's because anyone can lump money on a transfer which will have a knock on effect on the odds. If they take a considerable amount on a player moving to a certain club, they'll lower the odds so they can prevent paying out too much.

This is why I'd disregard transfer odds as an early indication where a player is going because the odds can be so easily manipulated by punters who "KFA".

You're basically correct (regarding fluctuations). it's not an exact science at all but there would be no such thing as sports books offering transfer odds if the books couldn't profit from it. The only way they could profit is if they set accurate lines and spread the bets out evenly to reap the vig. On a single sample the odds can be wildly incorrect (hence professional handicappers being a thing) but in general the lines are eerily accurate.

I suppose you could make arguments about certain (rag) fan bases 'punting' and dictating false odds but if that's true then it represents easy value for serious bettors. Personally I think that's false but that's just me.

Am I right in thinking there were some articles last week when PSG were favourites saying Arsenal were adopting a "contract renewal or get sold" approach?
To anyone but us apparently. Even if that means vertually giving him away for much less than we've already offered.
Could always do a clive allen (arsenal-palace) & offer psg a quick profit if he goes there for 35 mill though... may appeal if neymar is there main target

To anyone but us apparently. Even if that means vertually giving him away for much less than we've already offered.
Could always do a clive allen (arsenal-palace) & offer psg a quick profit if he goes there for 35 mill though... may appeal if neymar is there main target

I don't think a "renew or sell" stance really works with picking his destination. It implies they aren't prepared to lose the £60m on him, so if he keeps rejecting the other clubs' offers eventually they'll probably cave.

He must be coming back from holiday next week so I guess we'll see how much he's willing to do to get his move.

Agreed. I think we'll get our defense sorted first and then move to Sanchez fully.
There's nothing to turn our attention to. In general everything is agreed with the player, hence Alexis' ridiculous demands to PSG. We're at an advantage with PSG pursuing Neymar aswell as they will struggle to commit to another financially huge deal....hence the relatively low opening offer of £35m. From what i can gather, they are only willing to go up to around £45m. My understanding is we haven't put a limit on it, but don't be surprised if it ends up being closer to £60m

But in terms of us getting defensive re-enforcement's sorted out first, there's no way we are prioritising anything over Alexis. Intermediaries work on things in the background and once that's fully finalised, we will make an official offer. It's a way more complicated transfer than even Mendy (the general side of it was agreed weeks ago, but all the intricacies of the contract took weeks).

My thoughts too.. I posted as much earlier in the week...

The truth is, most deals are discussed and agreed long before the media gets to play its games or fans get to here about them. Clubs are professional with Chairmen, DoF and Managers doing this type of work completely devoid of the emotion us fans tackle it with and its just business at the end of the day for them.

If a player wants out they will go and Sanchez is no different and i too am convinced he is ours with just the politics being played out here for the benefit of the media and Arsenal fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.