Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bookies agree with him, not known for their sentimentality

Odds respond to laid down money. That's how it works.

If I go and put a million on him to join us they'll suspend betting.

It's quiet at the moment but it will take off this week.

I think there are a lot of parallels to the Lewandowski situation here, similar big club to big club move and similar that they are both huge players for their current club. The difference was just that Lewa didn't have a paddy and just got on with the last year of his contract because he wasn't missing out on much and Bayern probably communicated to him that it didn't matter to them.

Whereas here Alexis is missing out on Champions League football and has publicly stated that he's not happy about it. We've probably also communicated to him that its now or never - pretty unlikely we leave such a big hole in the squad for another season, so if we didn't get him we'd go somewhere else.

Wenger can say what he likes, and all the Arsenal 'are a business' arguments aside, can they really risk him doing a Tevez and saying he just won't play? Its a very small risk but if you don't replace him and then and then he says with a week of the window to go: 'look I'm not interested in playing for a man who clearly doesn't give a shit about what I want' what options will they have. Even if it was just for a few weeks it could seriously damage their season.

Odds respond to laid down money. That's how it works.

If I go and put a million on him to join us they'll suspend betting.

It's quiet at the moment but it will take off this week.

You are unequivocally certain he will (a) leave arse and (b) sign for us, you would therefore be wise to bet on both, as much as you can afford and/or the various bookies will take

I think if he hands a transfer request in then it's nailed on he comes to City. Wenger would not be that stupid to hold an unhappy player. But I could also see him starting the season at Arsenal and organising a free transfer to a European club this Winter. I believe the first option is best for Arsenal as it allows them to move on, otherwise their season gets dragged down in intrigue and acrimony.

Got a feeling it all depends on Arsenal getting Thomas Lemar, will Monaco let him go or will Arsenal up there bid to £50m the same as we will bid for Sanchez.

If I was a betting man by the end of the week will see him stay for his last year & able to go where he wants in January giving us the chance to buy him for half the price.

Something has to happen midweek & it's down to Sanchez now he either comes back & says I play & will give my all but won't sign or doesn't come back & sticks in a transfer request & then that's when City play there part with a bid.

Arsenal know the craic & its down to them to play a short or long game.

Could be an interesting week ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.