Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
[

Got a feeling it all depends on Arsenal getting Thomas Lemar, will Monaco let him go or will Arsenal up there bid to £50m the same as we will bid for Sanchez.

If I was a betting man by the end of the week will see him stay for his last year & able to go where he wants in January giving us the chance to buy him for half the price.

Something has to happen midweek & it's down to Sanchez now he either comes back & says I play & will give my all but won't sign or doesn't come back & sticks in a transfer request & then that's when City play there part with a bid.

Arsenal know the craic & its down to them to play a short or long game.

Could be an interesting week ahead.

He cant go anywhere in January, unless Arsenal want to sell him.
He can sign a pre contract agreement to move next summer, but only with a foreign club.

Agree with the rest of your post.

Got a feeling it all depends on Arsenal getting Thomas Lemar, will Monaco let him go or will Arsenal up there bid to £50m the same as we will bid for Sanchez.

If I was a betting man by the end of the week will see him stay for his last year & able to go where he wants in January giving us the chance to buy him for half the price.

Something has to happen midweek & it's down to Sanchez now he either comes back & says I play & will give my all but won't sign or doesn't come back & sticks in a transfer request & then that's when City play there part with a bid.

Arsenal know the craic & its down to them to play a short or long game.

Could be an interesting week ahead.
mahrez would be a better bet. They will have to pay an extraordinary amount to get Lemar.

[

He cant go anywhere in January, unless Arsenal want to sell him.
He can sign a pre contract agreement to move next summer, but only with a foreign club.

Agree with the rest of your post.
But he can agree a free transfer 6 months before his contract expires - with a european club - and that will inevitably leak causing problems

He's going either now, or painfully inch by inch.

But he can agree a free transfer 6 months before his contract expires - with a european club - and that will inevitably leak causing problems

He's going either now, or painfully inch by inch.

He can do what he wants, the only issue is whether he performs while hes at Arsenal. Not too bothered where he goes afterwards, he ll be nearing 30 and on the verge of burn out anyway, by the time next summer comes.

Definitely.

You'd think they'd realise that every week they are booing some other ''mercenary' who moved on to another club who just happen to be more successful. All of them can't be 'snakes' or whatever other simplistic childish terrace nonsense they bark.

They are a good club at picking up talent but they can't offer the best of them what they need so they invariably move on. We were like That for decades and I don't remember screaming abuse at every player who had ambition and moved on. Paul Stewart, Clive Wilson, Tommy Caton, Paul Warhurst, David White, SWP etc were all welcomed back. The only one who got boos was Joey Barton, who is a special case.
Thing is we accepted our place in football's food chain, so we were able to thank players for their service and understand that they had a right to try to better themselves and win trophies. Does Sanchez want to leave? Yes. Has he stated that he wants to play Champs League? Yes. Does it make sense for Arsenal to keep an unhappy player? No. Can the loss of 59 million quid for one season of a dusgtuntled player be justified? No. So why hasn't this transfer happened yet? Because selling Sanchez to City confirms Arsensl's place in the football food chain and a realisation of this amongst the fans would be dangerous for Arsenal. So Sanchez will be painted as a mercenary moving for the money and the media narrative will be set. It helps their fans to stay in denial and that's fine by me

Definitely.

You'd think they'd realise that every week they are booing some other ''mercenary' who moved on to another club who just happen to be more successful. All of them can't be 'snakes' or whatever other simplistic childish terrace nonsense they bark.

They are a good club at picking up talent but they can't offer the best of them what they need so they invariably move on. We were like That for decades and I don't remember screaming abuse at every player who had ambition and moved on. Paul Stewart, Clive Wilson, Tommy Caton, Paul Warhurst, David White, SWP etc were all welcomed back. The only one who got boos was Joey Barton, who is a special case.
In relation to being booed for showing ambition and moving on, that list of players isn't strictly correct, mate. I remember Clive Wilson getting booed when he was still playing for us but had (openly) signed for Chelsea, but had (unusually) been retained by us until the end of the season. The game itself was an abject display, towards the end of the 1986/7 season (but not right at the end of that campaign, when we had a little rally) and I distinctly remember a ten minute spell towards the end of that game (I can't remember against who, I'm afraid) when he was booed by the Kippax every time he touched the ball, although as he was still playing for City at the time you are technically correct ;-)

Agree with the thrust of what you're saying though, I just never pass the up the opportunity to be a smart arse ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.