Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wenger was in a far stronger position then, the outcry now if Sanchez starts the season and still leaves will end with Wenger leaving.
No he won't. The board don't give a toss about any 'outcry'. The man is bulletproof. Stop kidding yourself. We are just a money making machine with no ambition whatsoever and as long as Wenger keeps the club nicely in profit, he'll have a job for life. The only thing that could bring him down is if he does a George Graham etc on us.

In relation to being booed for showing ambition and moving on, that list of players isn't strictly correct, mate. I remember Clive Wilson getting booed when he was still playing for us but had (openly) signed for Chelsea, but had (unusually) been retained by us until the end of the season. The game itself was an abject display, towards the end of the 1986/7 season (but not right at the end of that campaign, when we had a little rally) and I distinctly remember a ten minute spell towards the end of that game (I can't remember against who, I'm afraid) when he was booed by the Kippax every time he touched the ball, although as he was still playing for City at the time you are technically correct ;-)

Agree with the thrust of what you're saying though, I just never pass the up the opportunity to be a smart arse ;-)

I remember that we kept him for the rest of the season but I can't remember the abuse at all, GDM. But even then, he never got booed when he came back.

Sturridge got some boos, actually. He's one but there haven't been many more.

No he won't. The board don't give a toss about any 'outcry'. The man is bulletproof. Stop kidding yourself. We are just a money making machine with no ambition whatsoever and as long as Wenger keeps the club nicely in profit, he'll have a job for life.

Have to agree. We hear the same thing every year and a lot of Arsenal fans kick off. Nothing changes. They're kidding you on every year with talk about wanting to be competitive at the very top. The priority is profit and a 'speculate to accumulate' policy must be seen as too risky.

I'm sorry if I seem condescending but I do feel a bit sorry for Arsenal fans when it comes to this. It's like you're being teased.

I feel the same way as I do for fans of mid table clubs without wealthy investors. It must get really boring. I've never had it with City in my lifetime: it's been relegation, promotion, survival battles, two takeovers and all that excitement, then some trophy wins and now they're pushing for the next step under Guardiola.

Just a reflection of how finances strongly dictate the storyline in football. I feel very lucky that I was raised a City fan at the moment.

EOAUctV.png

I think with this lineup, Sanchez coming in would win us the league. We have been so wasteful in front of goal, and he brings the clinical finishing that would make us pretty much unstoppable.

No he won't. The board don't give a toss about any 'outcry'. The man is bulletproof. Stop kidding yourself. We are just a money making machine with no ambition whatsoever and as long as Wenger keeps the club nicely in profit, he'll have a job for life. The only thing that could bring him down is if he does a George Graham etc on us.

Makes sad reading that mate.

Have to agree. We hear the same thing every year and a lot of Arsenal fans kick off. Nothing changes. They're kidding you on every year with talk about wanting to be competitive at the very top. The priority is profit and a 'speculate to accumulate' policy must be seen as too risky.

I'm sorry if I seem condescending but I do feel a bit sorry for Arsenal fans when it comes to this. It's like you're being teased.

I feel the same way as I do for fans of mid table clubs without wealthy investors. It must get really boring. I've never had it with City in my lifetime: it's been relegation, promotion, survival battles, two takeovers and all that excitement, then some trophy wins and now they're pushing for the next step under Guardiola.

Just a reflection of how finances strongly dictate the storyline in football. I feel very lucky that I was raised a City fan at the moment.
That's why I so badly want Usmanov. We would be your rivals then make no mistake. He is an actual real fan with more money than Roman Abramovich and Stan Kroenke combined. If he took over within two to three years our rivalry would be like the two horse Arsenal/Utd rivalry of the late 90's/ early 00's.

EOAUctV.png

I think with this lineup, Sanchez coming in would win us the league. We have been so wasteful in front of goal, and he brings the clinical finishing that would make us pretty much unstoppable.
Not enough pace up top without any of Jesus, Sané or Sterling, in my opinion.

Why would he need to do a George Graham when he's being genorously rewarded to do the owners' bidding?

Sorry to hear, though I agree with your assessment.

I do think Sanchez's transfer will be spun as ' Sanchez's fault', 'he went so late we couldn't buy a replacment' and everything to paint us and sanchez as the villains despite this being in the works for months.

I do think, personally, you'll be seeing Jadon Sancho go the other way as part of it and he's an absolutely stellar youth player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.