Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is we accepted our place in football's food chain, so we were able to thank players for their service and understand that they had a right to try to better themselves and win trophies. Does Sanchez want to leave? Yes. Has he stated that he wants to play Champs League? Yes. Does it make sense for Arsenal to keep an unhappy player? No. Can the loss of 59 million quid for one season of a dusgtuntled player be justified? No. So why hasn't this transfer happened yet? Because selling Sanchez to City confirms Arsensl's place in the football food chain and a realisation of this amongst the fans would be dangerous for Arsenal. So Sanchez will be painted as a mercenary moving for the money and the media narrative will be set. It helps their fans to stay in denial and that's fine by me
That makes perfect sense to me. Part of me wants players to be loyal to their contracts as there is not enough loyalty shown in the game these days. However, where a club has fans that are as delusional as many Arsenal fans appear to be on the Sanchez situation then I'm all for the player forcing the issue.
Players hold all of the aces in the modern game where money is King. Let's see how it plays out. I know where my money is going on this matter!

When do the Arses have to announce their squad for the Europa? If they list Sanchez, will that disqualify him from playing in the CL?

UEFA regulations say the squads for the group phase have to be announced until 1 September 11pm.
That means 1 day after the window has been closed.
So IF Sanchez joins he will be available for CL matches in any case.

A player may only play for 1 club within 1 season - for both CL and EL !
Qualifying stages and play-offs are not involved in that rule.

If a player didn't come in as a sub he may play for a different club he has joined during the same season (winter window).

They're all hired guns, I'm sure it would be exciting to see a few academy products in the 1st team until we started dropping down the league then it wouldn't be good for anybody , especially the young lads, just crazy talk .

We've already got the best forward line in the country ffs.

Dropping down the league. Dear me.

I think if he hands a transfer request in then it's nailed on he comes to City. Wenger would not be that stupid to hold an unhappy player. But I could also see him starting the season at Arsenal and organising a free transfer to a European club this Winter. I believe the first option is best for Arsenal as it allows them to move on, otherwise their season gets dragged down in intrigue and acrimony.
Doesn't he already have an unhappy player? The first option is best for us and not necessarily Le Arse

That's why I so badly want Usmanov. We would be your rivals then make no mistake. He is an actual real fan with more money than Roman Abramovich and Stan Kroenke combined. If he took over within two to three years our rivalry would be like the two horse Arsenal/Utd rivalry of the late 90's/ early 00's.

Maybe: I think United will always have the money to be competitive and Chelsea are very well run, so four horses.
We've already got the best forward line in the country ffs.

Dropping down the league. Dear me.

We had the 5th best chance conversion rate and were 3rd top scorers last season. We don't have the best forward line.

You're a proper WUM.

Maybe: I think United will always have the money to be competitive and Chelsea are very well run, so four horses.

We had the 5th best chance conversion rate and were 3rd top scorers last season. We don't have the best forward line.

You're a proper WUM.

A WUM for saying City have the best forward line in the league.

You are fucking weird mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.