Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was.

He just wasn't deemed good enough to stay at Madrid, by the current manager. But he was good enough to help them win stuff.

That's the concept we need to understand at City, re 'homegrown' players. They don't have to be Aguero, just useful.

He was dispenciple then shall we agree on. Madrid don't make a habit of selling players they don't want to.

Morata also went to Juve, a champions league club. Yes I know Leicester were but that's likely a one off.

I agree homegrown is a problem but in 12 months when Kelechi does become homegrown it may not be such an issue.

Wenger is really sticking his neck out by saying there will be no move to a non English club this window for Sanchez or Ozil. He clearly has the Arse board's backing on this.
Which means Sanchez will have to seriously force the issue if he wants to come to us this summer.
Clearly Arsenal are prepared to loose the best part of £100m here.

Personally I'd rather shell out that kind of money on a younger player but if it comes off I'll be happy.

Last edited:
That is absurd. We just took a discount fee for him so that we could ensure that we can buy him back. That says to me he is plenty good enough for us--we are simply being smart and good to Nacho by essentially doing what Real did with Morata.

He absolutely is good enough.

For a start, he knows where the back of the net is and doesn't need 15 attempts before bagging a goal. I haven't seen enough of Jesus yet, but I would guess Nacho is a better poacher than anyone else in our squad. He has that unteachable knack of being in the right place at the right time and doesn't look like a rabbit in headlights when the chance arises.

He absolutely is good enough.

For a start, he knows where the back of the net is and doesn't need 15 attempts before bagging a goal. I haven't seen enough of Jesus yet, but I would guess Nacho is a better poacher than anyone else in our squad. He has that unteachable knack of being in the right place at the right time and doesn't look like a rabbit in headlights when the chance arises.

Could not agree more.

We want someone who accepts that the back of the net is likely to be found by shooting the ball within the goalpost framework.

Wenger is really sticking his neck out by saying there will be no move to a non English club this window for Sanchez or Ozil. He clearly has to boards backing on this.
Which means Sanchez will have to seriously force the issue if he wants to come to us this summer.
Why does Wenger clearly have the boards backing? Why should Sanchez do anything?

Why can't sanchez force a move from Arsenal by putting in a transfer request?
Some people just aren't the sort. Maybe he feels that he should respect his contract if the club wishes him to. Maybe he doesn't want to fall out with Wenger, Fans, teammates, lots of reasons really.

I'm pretty relaxed now. I think it's becoming slowly apparent that he wil not be in a Man City shirt next season, and what with the Neymar news, it seems like he will still be wearing the red of Arsenal.

Stupid question. How does a transfer request actually work? Does Arsenal have to say yes if Sanchez formally request a transfer? Isn't the only difference that Sanchez will give up some money he would otherwise be entitled to from Arsenal? If so, why would it force the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.