Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
On that basis, does it not make more sense to buy Lemar, sell Sanchez for 50 and use that 50 to improve your team long term, rather than take a short term view keeping a player who seemingly really doesnt want to be there.

The think is, Wenger knows he's not long left. Whatever he chooses to do, it's a gamble. I'd imagine he wants the team to be as competitive as it can be the next year or 2 while he's there.

What we don't know, is Arsenal's budget. I think it's fairly obvious he wants to sign Lemar. Is that signing dependent on Sanchez leaving, or not? If it is dependent on Sanchez leaving, then it's a lot of pressure on a 21 year old's shoulders, coming into a new team in a new league. He is a different type of player to Sanchez, but that wont stop fans making direct comparisons.

If it's not dependent on a Sanchez sale, then perhaps Wengers ideal scenario from a sporting point of view, is he has a year in the league where there isn't as much pressure, where he can find his feet & get used to the league. Then when/if Sanchez leaves next summer, sign Lacazette's best mate Griezmann as a potential Ozil replacement?

I joke at the last line lol!

So Wenger has now told him he won't be sold to an English club after telling everyone he's not being sold at all. Next weeks headlines will be he can go but only at a certain price the process has started.

Pretty sure they're holding firm this time, they essentially have 12 months to fix their side. Sanchez and Ozil walking out for free is such a joke, they'll need to spend £120m to stand still.

You say you've heard it all before from Wenger, but in the past he's always said it from his point of view, "I say yes" or "I believe". This is different. He has flatly said a decision has been made. Now we all know the decision is not just down to him, so it seems to me like the board has decided not to sell him. And as for Kroenke, he relies on that board to run the club as he has so many other interests. No way would he charge in and piss the entire board off by overturning a decision that they've made and has already been relayed to the fans.

So Wenger has now told him he won't be sold to an English club after telling everyone he's not being sold at all. Next weeks headlines will be he can go but only at a certain price the process has started.
Sanchez isn't going anywhere and he certainly won't be coming to City as much I'd love him to. Odds dropped today - stay at Arsenal 1/5 from evens yesterday, 3/1 to go to City from 1/2 yesterday.

Why do we follow the press and Jim White's guff when it couldn't be clearer he's staying put?

Arse are gonna have a pretty rubbish dressing room this season - with any luck they'll finish below the likes of Everton

You say you've heard it all before from Wenger, but in the past he's always said it from his point of view, "I say yes" or "I believe". This is different. He has flatly said a decision has been made. Now we all know the decision is not just down to him, so it seems to me like the board has decided not to sell him. And as for Kroenke, he relies on that board to run the club as he has so many other interests. No way would he charge in and piss the entire board off by overturning a decision that they've made and has already been relayed to the fans.

Why would Kroenke care what Wenger thinks...everyone knows Wenger is on his last legs and Afc will need a new manager in 1 or 2 yrs

Neymar to PSG looks certain so they wont go for Sanchez, do we expect the transfer request to go in by Sanchez soon to force a move to City?

Sanchez isn't going anywhere and he certainly won't be coming to City as much I'd love him to. Odds dropped today - stay at Arsenal 1/5 from evens yesterday, 3/1 to go to City from 1/2 yesterday.

Why do we follow the press and Jim White's guff when it couldn't be clearer he's staying put?

So if the odds were correct why was we 1/20 for alves and the rags 1/20 for morata and griezman????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.