Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll soon see. I'm in no way saying that's what's going to happen, just trying to give an explanation as to what the thinking might be behind it if it does happen.

It's not just about the Champions League money (I think the Champions League money is up from the value i have given), it's everything that goes around it. Ozil might be more likely to sign a new contract anyway, the new kit deal will be up for renewal next year so being in the Champions League will be important in terms of negotiations for that, secondary sponsorship's, attracting better players, Wenger & Board confidence from the fans etc.

Presumably because like every club pre season they think they can improve on last years performance. Or would we be better just giving up?

But Ozil & Sanchez can sign for another club in January.

Barca could even take Sanchez back for fuck all. PSG, to go with Neymar. They could take both your players, for nothing.

You could instead have a bunch of hungry new players by now & those two out of the picture. Settled side for the next season.

I think if we are interested in Sanchez we should move for him asap because when Barca get the neymar deal done they will come for him

@Robbiegunn

Just curious mate, considering you're so adamant that Alexis will not be sold to City may I ask what you're doing on here?

The reason I ask is that in the past when I've seen visitors from other clubs of which we're linked to one of their players on these boards, it's usually because they're worried.

Kelchi should not have been allowed to leave until we had someone in place. If Sanchez is off the table there is not a great deal of choice

That is absurd. We just took a discount fee for him so that we could ensure that we can buy him back. That says to me he is plenty good enough for us--we are simply being smart and good to Nacho by essentially doing what Real did with Morata.

Well, each to their own mate, but imho, there is no way we will be buying him back. I can see him as a decent striker for a mid PL team at best. I wouldn't describe it as a 'discount fee' - are you saying without a buy back that someone would've paid 40-50 million for him this summer??

Well aware of what Wenger has said in the past, however he's in an entirely different situation now. His position was never questioned back then like it has been over the last year or so, half the fans want him gone as it is and he doesn't have the excuse of "we had to sell" anymore. They don't have to sell, money is as good as irrelevant in this current market, they won't be able to replace him with a similar player. it would be as good as waving a white flag if they did now sell to us after coming out and categorically stating he won't be sold numerous times. He'd look like an absolute clown at a time where his approval rating is at an all time low. I don't possibly see how he could remain as manager if they were to sell Sanchez now, they'd be actual riots. Wenger's clearly determined to see his new contract out and the board don't want to lose him so they'll see losing out on £50 million as a necessary step.

We can live with missing out on Sanchez, we can't live with just the two strikers though. Putting all our eggs in the Sanchez basket would be foolish and almost ruin all the brilliant business we've done so far this summer. Sanchez would win us the league but he's not the only one, there are others out there we just need Pep and Txiki to find one and get him in asap.

"Others" like who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.