Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all maybes from my standpoint, but if I put myself in Arsenal's shoes, I wouldn't let him go now unless I could get a replacement. If we offered £100m for Sanchez, what could Arsenal do wiith the money? They need players on the pitch. I think even their directors would appreciate that.

Losing the money for Sanchez added to the loss of Chamions league money,is a lot for any club to miss out on.
And if Ozil and The Ox go free as well.......madness.

Can you imagine the consequences for Arsenal if they do not get in the top 4 this season? Lose: Sanchez, Ozil, the Ox and Wenger all in one Summer. Without Champions League football, Arsenal would be 3rd in London behind Spurs with their new stadium, and Chelsea and there'd be little separating them from West Ham. Their era as one of England's top clubs, and it goes back a long way, maybe coming to an end.

If they sell Sanchez, they will not get back in the top 4 not with the squad they have. They'd have to replace him first and that doesn't seem possible.

There are obvious reasons why moves for each failed / likely to fail.
If they don't sell Sanchez they still won't make top four. They'll still lose all their stars. Their best bet was selling the contract rebels and reinvesting. They are now fucked and I think it's brilliant.

Losing the money for Sanchez added to the loss of Chamions league money,is a lot for any club to miss out on.
And if Ozil and The Ox go free as well.......madness.
You make it sound as if the players weren't offered contracts. Of course they were. They don't sign because they see Arsenal heading in the wrong direction, and Arsenal are almost compelled to keep Sanchez otherwise they will definitely go in that direction.

The madness happened at Arsenal over a sustained spell when Arsene Wenger decided he was better off counting his cash pile than spending it on players

You make it sound as if the players weren't offered contracts. Of course they were. They don't sign because they see Arsenal heading in the wrong direction, and Arsenal are almost compelled to keep Sanchez otherwise they will definitely go in that direction.

The madness happened at Arsenal over a sustained spell when Arsene Wenger decided he was better off counting his cash pile than spending it on players

I have no doubt they were offered contracts,was just saying "if" all 3 go for nowt next season.

I think we are still all over him. Wenger has changed tune with his most recent press conference. Now saying who knows what could happen in the coming days...

Arsenal do not want to lose him for free next summer. They will cash in late in the day and Wenger will lie and say he couldnt then find a replacement in the time left, when actually he just doesnt want to spend the money. Arsenal will want to cover their CL losses.

After our CL draw Sanchez will be even more keen to sign. We have a winnable group which means he can join a team that can realistically make the last 16 at which point anything can happen.

Our order of fixtures and league games before and after also looks good. We could qualify after 4 cl games this season and then rest players. The tough league games we have after cl all have european commitments too and seem to come off worse.

I still feel confident we will sign Sanchez. Pep sees him as the key man to help us convert chances.

If they don't sell Sanchez they still won't make top four. They'll still lose all their stars. Their best bet was selling the contract rebels and reinvesting. They are now fucked and I think it's brilliant.
Possibly. It's hard to say how Sanchez is going to play this season. If he repeats what he did last season then they could get a top 4 spot, but I am not sure he will.

They will have a good shot at top 4 whether they sell sanchez or not. One shouldnt forget their other top 4 competitors will have CL distraction and city, united, chelsea, lfc are all more than likely to go through the second round. Spurs chances are bleak but they also have a decent eough side that could go to the second round as well. If i was arsenal i would get as much i can for sanchez and get mahrez who they have been linked with in the summer

They will have a good shot at top 4 whether they sell sanchez or not. One shouldnt forget their other top 4 competitors will have CL distraction and city, united, chelsea, lfc are all more than likely to go through the second round. Spurs chances are bleak but they also have a decent eough side that could go to the second round as well. If i was arsenal i would get as much i can for sanchez and get mahrez who they have been linked with in the summer
A good shout for top 4 but do you expect them to be top 4 this season?

Mahrez is a good shout. I don't know why the Premiership clubs don't bid for him. One of the best players in the league. He doesn't put a shift in like some forwards but he's still very talented and was decisive for Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.