Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, tin hat time.

A colleague of mine works on the sports side of the QIA, I had pre-weekend drinks with him today after work. He states categorically that Sanchez's agent did meet with PSG but PSG were told that Sanchez will be moving to City this summer and his words were "lump on and you're buying money".

Note: I am not putting more than a tenner on but he could not have been any more unequivocal. He spoke about it as if it was already complete.

On a separate note, PSG do not get on with Barca and he had a few funny stories of conversations.

Has something happend to change this ?

Genuine question but does a player necessarily have to be physically present in the country in order to be transferred. His agent will be dealing with the transfer, papers could be faxed to him for signing and a medical could be done anywhere in the world. He could leave the country an Arsenal player and return a City one if my understanding is correct.

Maybe thats the way arsenal are trying to handle it ......arms length to lessen the outfall with their fans????

TH came on yesterday replying to people saying that we may be backing away from this deal with (something like) .......exacttly the opposite.. or simething like that....
It sounded like he was implying that we had upped our bid (maybe)....that was my interpritation of it anyway
That may well be but it still doesn't get round the problem that Arsenal will be unwilling sellers. There seems to be an idea in some quarters that City just have to click our fingers and a transfer happens. Arsenal can afford to swallow a loss of £60m on Sanchez, but they cannot afford to fall down in status to a club like West Ham's status and that may happen if they let him go. I think Arsenal should have been very active like City early in the window when it was possible to do deals at a reasonable price (Bernado Silva) and then sell Sanchez to City but I don't see the logic in selling him now.

That may well be but it still doesn't get round the problem that Arsenal will be unwilling sellers. There seems to be an idea in some quarters that City just have to click our fingers and a transfer happens. Arsenal can afford to swallow a loss of £60m on Sanchez, but they cannot afford to fall down in status to a club like West Ham's status and that may happen if they let him go. I think Arsenal should have been very active like City early in the window when it was possible to do deals at a reasonable price (Bernado Silva) and then sell Sanchez to City but I don't see the logic in selling him now.

Maybe our bid will be too good to turn down?

I second that. Think the odds of us getting Sanchez is slim tbh
I'd say very slim as well but the international break is probably irrelevant. Players I am sure will be allowed to leave if medicals are required, or they can be done abroad.

Maybe our bid will be too good to turn down?
It's all maybes from my standpoint, but if I put myself in Arsenal's shoes, I wouldn't let him go now unless I could get a replacement. If we offered £100m for Sanchez, what could Arsenal do wiith the money? They need players on the pitch. I think even their directors would appreciate that.

It's all maybes from my standpoint, but if I put myself in Arsenal's shoes, I wouldn't let him go now unless I could get a replacement. If we offered £100m for Sanchez, what could Arsenal do wiith the money? They need players on the pitch. I think even their directors would appreciate that.

Its maybes from everyones point...noone knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.