Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good job it's utter shit but I cannot believe any fan on here would think its ok. I'd question the sanity of the club

From a purely footballing point of view, Sterling will never be as good as Sanchez as long as he has a hole in his arse. That may seem harsh but its also a reality.

This alone does not mean its a good deal for us. From a financial point of view it seems crazy to offer this for a guy who is out of contract and available on a free next summer. Also in the current transfer market, I think Sterling is now worth at least what we paid for him, 12 months ago I think this deal would have looked a lot sweeter. Additionally Sanchez is also 29 years old so obviously has far less time still in the game than Sterling.

Many on here wont entertain this deal at all but I can see pros and cons to it.

No.
Sterling has become the GOAT according to this thread this morning though, so watch your back.

I hear you but there are also people who would respectfully like to hear more detail about why you think it's a good deal? I just genuinely think that Sterling is starting to realise his potential and could be just as good if not better than Sanchez.

I respect that, and I also understand the want/need to keep Sterling as I really like the kid. Think his positional play for his age is pretty staggering, really top.
But I am just taken aback by how crazy have people have gone on this single tweet when he has flattered to deceive for 2 years now and certainly isnt an automatic pick.
Just think Sanchez is that 'crack' player we are missing, and would prefer to keep Raheem too of course, but from his side it's a good move.

Mate on one hand you say his positional play is really top notch or staggering as you called it and then you are ok with city letting him go aswell. Apart from the goals and assist he conjured up last season you shouldn't forget he is only 22. Players don't reach their full potential by that age, do they? he can be a little frustrating at times but that's what you would get with young players from time to time, to let him go would be a daft move at best. He has already won us 4 points this season and that is in 3 games only

I don't believe for one second that John Cross article is true. Laughable suggestion.
I hope not. Aspects of it might make sense if you think Sterling flatters to deceive and you think Sanchez can still score 20 plus a season.

Sterling is a London boy
Same position: wide forward. I've always thought that bringing Sanchez in would be at the cost of one of our forwards.
Fits in with Jonny Evans move: We'd need a home grown player

I think Guardiola might do this. It's all based on whether you think Sanchez can score 20 plus a season. If I thought that was likely, I would do this deal.

He doesn't work for the club. He got half a rumour correct once. No doubt he'll do a vid about it on YouTube later.

Sigh. Mate, no need to be like that. I've never claimed to be some mad ITK. Just passed on tiny bits of info (that were all v accurate in my defence) throughout the summer cos I thought blues would like to know. Nothing more, nothing less. I've never actually once used any bits of info I get in a video either cos I'm not a dick like that and I'm not trying to pass myself off as some billy big bollocks who breaks news. Hence why I never mention any of this stuff on Twitter.

Anyway, back to Sterling - the person I know just said that this wouldn't be a surprise as Pep hasn't been convinced with Sterling at all since he came to City. That's all.

As I said, just a rumour. Not claiming this to be gospel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.