Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cant see Sanchez coming in and Pep being able to keep all our attacking players happy. Someone would have to be moved on.

In effect he would replace Nolito, B Silva would replace Navas and Mbappe would be replace Iheanacho. A huge increase in quality but as you say, it won't be easy to keep them all happy and involved but I guess that's why Guardiola gets the big bucks.

I just cant see Sanchez coming in and Pep being able to keep all our attacking players happy. Someone would have to be moved on.
Keletchi? Pep rotates so much I can't see it being a big problem. Most players are happy to bide their time if the team is successful. Keeping them at the end of the season may be more difficult. Then again as Milner found out you may play more elsewhere but not win anything....

In effect he would replace Nolito, B Silva would replace Navas and Mbappe would be replace Iheanacho. A huge increase in quality but as you say, it won't be easy to keep them all happy and involved but I guess that's why Guardiola gets the big bucks.

Being a World Cup year will make it a bit tougher too IMO,they'll all want a lot of game time.
On the flip side,it will only make the competition in trying to oust each other better,which is good.

Being a World Cup year will make it a bit tougher too IMO,they'll all want a lot of game time.

I think they are all pretty safe in their national team squads, so as long as they're getting plenty of game time, it should be fine. One or two of the new players may need some time to settle in as well as Sane did last season. Some will tire because of the physical demands of the PL. Hopefully we can rotate them to give them all enough game time and still keep them fresh for the WC.

I think they are all pretty safe in their national team squads, so as long as they're getting plenty of game time, it should be fine. One or two of the new players may need some time to settle in as well as Sane did last season. Some will tire because of the physical demands of the PL. Hopefully we can rotate them to give them all enough game time and still keep them fresh for the WC.
Oh come on. 3/5 x 38 = 22. On reality it wont work out like that. City play the Champions Chelsea, Liverpool, Utd etc. Who misses out? The same players because a manager has to choose his strongest team for those games. Whoever that will be is not going to accept it, nor should they. I think City probably are monitoring Sanchez and Mbappe's situation, and we may even be being a bit more active than that, but if we do follow through and buy one of these players, then we aren't going to be rotating players. One of our existing players will go. There is only one club in European football who operates in the manner you suggest and that is Real madrid. They are in a different situation.

It's a tough one. We want the competition, the ability to rotate etc. Yet at the same time, it's all well and good saying Sanchez replaces Nolito, Bernardo replaces Navas and Mbappe replaces Iheanacho, but in saying that, you're hinting that you feel Sanchez would be happy playing a few games at the start of the season, then never playing again. That Bernardo will get an attacking role in rotation, but often off the bench. Several of Navas' appearances were also at full back. Then you're hinting that Mbappe would be happy with coming off the bench for 2 minutes here and there and then be a forgotten man.

Sure, it is one player being replaced by another, there is physically enough room in the squad, but there are only so many matches to split between them, some of which are in a lesser tournament that doesn't really get players' juices flowing.

Also factor in that Gabriel Jesus is available for more than about a dozen matches this season.

So in a nutshell, whilst we need the extra options for rotation, it is entirely possible that we could take it too far.

Just saw an interview with Vidal where he say he's been sending Sanchez messsges trying to convince him to join bayern Munich.

Oh come on. 3/5 x 38 = 22. On reality it wont work out like that. City play the Champions Chelsea, Liverpool, Utd etc. Who misses out? The same players because a manager has to choose his strongest team for those games. Whoever that will be is not going to accept it, nor should they. I think City probably are monitoring Sanchez and Mbappe's situation, and we may even be being a bit more active than that, but if we do follow through and buy one of these players, then we aren't going to be rotating players. One of our existing players will go. There is only one club in European football who operates in the manner you suggest and that is Real madrid. They are in a different situation.

We don't just play 38 games though do we? We have Champions league, FA cup and league cup as well. In the last 2 season we have pretty much binned one of those competitions due to not having the quality in depth. Imagine it's coming to the end of the season and we're neck and neck with in the PL with Chelsea and we play them on the Saturday, Real Madrid in the QF/SF of the CL midweek and a semi-final of the FA cup with the rags the next weekend. With our current squad we'd pretty much be sacrificing at least one of those competitions. I believe our aim is to be able to compete on all fronts.

We will have injuries and suspensions, we aim to have good cup runs in both domestic competitions and go all the way in the CL. Along with some players taking time to settle and needing to be blended in slowly, I suspect there will be enough games to keep them happy. Like it or not, this seems to be our strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.