Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you seriously suggesting our best 11 won't include DAVID Silva? Have to disagree there - first name on the team sheet for me in big games.

Nope I'm not suggesting that at all. I'm simply giving an insight as to how I believe we may play, in a way to utilise as many attacking players as we can. I'm also attempting to point out that to buy Sanchez would be a foolish waste of money unless we sell some other top talents e.g. Aguero, although I wouldn't agree with doing this - just don't buy Sanchez.

Nope I'm not suggesting that at all. I'm simply giving an insight as to how I believe we may play, in a way to utilise as many attacking players as we can. I'm also attempting to point out that to buy Sanchez would be a foolish waste of money unless we sell some other top talents e.g. Aguero, although I wouldn't agree with doing this - just don't buy Sanchez.

Not really as Sanchez plays wide and Aguero through the middle. He's not essential but would improve us.

In no possible scenario is buying Sanchez a waste of money. At times this season we've struggled to break teams down and we've had Navas and/or Nolito as our only attacking options from the bench. It's about improving our squad and bridging the gap between having a first 11 capable of competing with anyone on their day when fully fit and having a squad capable of winning multiple trophies regardless of who plays like Real Madrid and Bayern have

In no possible scenario is buying Sanchez a waste of money. At times this season we've struggled to break teams down and we've had Navas and/or Nolito as our only attacking options from the bench. It's about improving our squad and bridging the gap between having a first 11 capable of competing with anyone on their day when fully fit and having a squad capable of winning multiple trophies regardless of who plays like Real Madrid and Bayern have
That's why we bought Silva, Sane and Jesus. If Aguero stays, then I don't see how playing Sanchez instead of Jesus or Sane is an improvement. if he was a bit younger, I might be more excited about the prospect but for me we already have enough attacking ability at the club - we didn't at the start of last season but that has changed.

For years, people have complained that our squad isn't good enough and that the drop off in quality is far too much from our first XI. This summer we plan to rectify that and have a hugely competitive squad full of first team players, and still there's complaint.

I understand everyone's concerns about keeping all of these world class footballers sweet, but that's Pep's job and what he is paid to do.

We rotated a lot last year, and that told in the fact we never really named an unchanged eleven. However, if you look at our key players, De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero and Sane, they were very much ever present in every game from February onwards. To compete to our very best in Europe as well as the Premier League, which is the ultimate aim, then we do need two teams of equal strength. Carrying on down the path we're heading, we will get that.

Take Real Madrid as an example, they have pretty much managed to field a separate team for the league and Europe, and look where they have got. Granted, one can make an argument about La Liga being less competitive etc. but I think that's how you handle it.

At the end of the day, it is a fantastic problem to have. It's a problem I personally wouldn't like to handle, but it's one I am very excited to watch

For years, people have complained that our squad isn't good enough and that the drop off in quality is far too much from our first XI. This summer we plan to rectify that and have a hugely competitive squad full of first team players, and still there's complaint.

I understand everyone's concerns about keeping all of these world class footballers sweet, but that's Pep's job and what he is paid to do.

We rotated a lot last year, and that told in the fact we never really named an unchanged eleven. However, if you look at our key players, De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero and Sane, they were very much ever present in every game from February onwards. To compete to our very best in Europe as well as the Premier League, which is the ultimate aim, then we do need two teams of equal strength. Carrying on down the path we're heading, we will get that.

Take Real Madrid as an example, they have pretty much managed to field a separate team for the league and Europe, and look where they have got. Granted, one can make an argument about La Liga being less competitive etc. but I think that's how you handle it.

At the end of the day, it is a fantastic problem to have. It's a problem I personally wouldn't like to handle, but it's one I am very excited to watch
I said earlier you rotate 5 players then they play 22 league games each. And the likelihood is that Guardiola will play his strongest team more often, especially in the big games, meaning that a couple of players will get marginalised. You chose Real Madrid because they are the only team who operate similarly but then they dominate Spanish football, and they are more or less a permanent fixture in the last 4 of the Champions league if not the final.

This is cloud cuckoo land. I can accept that we are looking at Sanchez, but be honest enough to admit that if we do get into a position to sign him, it will mean a player leaving.

I said earlier you rotate 5 players then they play 22 league games each. And the likelihood is that Guardiola will play his strongest team more often, especially in the big games, meaning that a couple of players will get marginalised. You chose Real Madrid because they are the only team who operate similarly but then they dominate Spanish football, and they are more or less a permanent fixture in the last 4 of the Champions league if not the final.

This is cloud cuckoo land. I can accept that we are looking at Sanchez, but be honest enough to admit that if we do get into a position to sign him, it will mean a player leaving.

If that player would be Nolito (and it seems that way), I doubt many will have problems with that. If that player was to be Sancho because bringing in someone like Sanchez would limited his chances for the next 2-3-4 years, I suspect you will hear more groans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.