Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring Sanchez in and he starts every game he is fit - exactly as he does at Arsenal, therefore Sane is likely to miss out because there's zero chance of Pep dropping Aguero or Jesus when fit. So we are assuming that Sane will be happy to play in the cup games, the lesser league games whilst Sanchez plays the in 75% of the league games and all of the CL games (unless Sanchez gets an injury). Sane will be off like a shot and he will have his pick of clubs.

"who plays if Sane is injured and we don't sign Sanchez?" - Silva, Silva, Sterling, Jesus, KDB - any of them can fill in. Isn't the whole Pep philosophy that people can play across various positions?

There is no doubting that Sanchez is a great player but to bring him in and impede the development of what we already have is absolutely criminal.

But hey, if building a huge squad with two exceptional players in every position works for you on Fifa and Football Manager, I'm sure it will work in real life.
Think there is every chance Jesus or Aguero get dropped if they under perform and someone else is doing better

if we buy sanchez or mbappe it doesnt matter how much they fight for their place, as those two for example would always start. i think most city fans care about winning, but most are trying to figure how we can fit so many attacking players in and keep the squad happy.

There's a fine line between keeping a squad happy and allowing them to rest on their laurels.

Bring Sanchez in and he starts every game he is fit - exactly as he does at Arsenal

And why would that be true? Sanchez knows Pep's rotation policy, he had it when he was at Barca. If he wants to play every week he can stay at Arsenal. If he wants to win trophies either here or at Bayern Munich he will need to learn to sit on the bench every 3rd game - Because he's sure as shit not going to start every week if Robben Ribery and Lewandowski are fit either.

therefore Sane is likely to miss out because there's zero chance of Pep dropping Aguero or Jesus when fit

Guardiola has literally already shown he'll happily drop Aguero when fit.

The rest of your comment is worthless as it's based on the incredibly spurious logic above.

I don't think there is any such thing as a fixed starting 11 in an ideal Pep world. He will rotate players in and out every game. We should forget about the idea of having players that will start every game. I think all new incoming players (and those who stays too) have been made very clearly aware of this, so if Sanchez comes he will know what to expect. If he cannot accept extreme-rotation he will not be invited to join the club.

I don't think there is any such thing as a fixed starting 11 in an ideal Pep world. He will rotate players in and out every game. We should forget about the idea of having players that will start every game. I think all new incoming players (and those who stays too) have been made very clearly aware of this, so if Sanchez comes he will know what to expect. If he cannot accept extreme-rotation he will not be invited to join the club.

He'll have a core group of about 16 players who rack up 40-50 appearances and some fringe players.

Ederson, Mendy, Walker, Stones, Kompany (if fit), Otamendi, Yaya, Gundogan (if fit),Fernandinho, KDB, Silva, SIlva, Sané, Jesus, Aguero, Sterling.

The rest of the squad will fill in gaps and injuries and probably get 15-25 appearances, and those are the ones who are likely to be players who either leave the next summer or are kids/veterans happy with reduced play time.

Think there is every chance Jesus or Aguero get dropped if they under perform and someone else is doing better
Under-performing perhaps but can we really afford to carry all of what we have AND bring in Sanchez incase this happens?

And why would that be true? Sanchez knows Pep's rotation policy, he had it when he was at Barca. If he wants to play every week he can stay at Arsenal. If he wants to win trophies either here or at Bayern Munich he will need to learn to sit on the bench every 3rd game - Because he's sure as shit not going to start every week if Robben Ribery and Lewandowski are fit.

Guardiola has literally already shown he'll happily drop Aguero when fit.

The rest of your comment is worthless as it's based on the incredibly spurious logic above.
Sanchez was a million miles from the player he is now when he was at Barca so more likely to accept rotation. As it stands, he's a 28 (29 in December) year old, in his prime and rotating will not be a consideration for him.

Of course, the 28 year old Sanchez is not going to replace the near 34 year old Robben or the 34 year old Ribery; pass me whatever you're smoking - it's obviously brilliant.

if we buy sanchez or mbappe it doesnt matter how much they fight for their place, as those two for example would always start. i think most city fans care about winning, but most are trying to figure how we can fit so many attacking players in and keep the squad happy.
Let Pep deal with that. the summer is to short. If a player cant compete we know Pep picked the right player to start to begin with. Just enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.