Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
With wenger saying they won't let him leave do you guys think he is bluffing or is Arsenal serious this time

If Sanchez wants to leave he will leave.

At the end of the day if Sanchez wants to leave and the likes of Kroenke realise that a potential £50m fee could end up being £0 in 1 years time, the board will push the sale I reckon.

At the end of the day if Sanchez wants to leave and the likes of Kroenke realise that a potential £50m fee could end up being £0 in 1 years time, the board will push the sale I reckon.
Could be on. Only our Board seem to pay top money and allow players to leave when their values have plummeted.

I'd like to chime in on the 'they'll be happy if we win things' POV. It's total bullshit and I'm speaking from experience. I played travel baseball and AAU basketball (think academy level) from youth until my late teens. I was on the best teams in the state (hundreds of teams) and was the 10th or 11th best out of 12-15 players. I didn't play often and when I did it was vs garbage teams or I'd come in late in blowouts. On paper I played 3/10 games which isn't terrible but in reality I basically didn't add anything to the team and wasn't trusted in the vital moments. You aren't happy to win things, you're embarrassed and humiliated. You feel like you aren't good enough to be at the highest level (what every serious athlete needs to believe to maximize their chances).

It would piss me off when the coach would throw me in for the final few minutes in a blowout (think Sterling being put on for 5m in a 2-0 game). That's really not doing much positive for him psychologically ... but he gets a game on the stats sheet. I 'loved it' when Carlitos told Bobby Manc to F off, I'm not warming up, in the CL because that's what many of the second choice players dream of doing.

My final two years I dropped down to a lower rated squad and was the best player. We didn't win as much, which is never fun, but I felt valued and 'more alive' and that's more important than winning when you don't contribute much. It feels 'fake' and not as enjoyable as it appears on the outside.

Am I an outlier? I don't think so but if you think 'it's cool...they are fine, they are winning things' ... well then you're just lying to yourself. You can't be vocal or outspoken about your unhappiness in the situation because it's a bad look for yourself and comes off as a poor sport.

sound like diva, lol. big fish in a small pond type.
not suitable for playing team's sport, better off playing individual sport.
back to the issue,
as long as they contribute something to the team, the fans will appreciate them.
player like Dzeko and Mario will always be remembered.
even they are playing mostly as a supersub in 2011-2012 title winning season,
but their important role and goals will be cherished forever by City fans.
same as Solskjaer for the rags.

sound like diva, lol. big fish in a small pond type.
not suitable for playing team's sport, better off playing individual sport.
back to the issue,
as long as they contribute something to the team, the fans will appreciate them.
player like Dzeko and Mario will always be remembered.
even they are playing mostly as a supersub in 2011-2012 title winning season,
but their important role and goals will be cherished forever by City fans.
same as Solskjaer for the rags.

Sound like diva? Tell that to shaqiri, nolito, Navas, and kelechi to name a few. Let me paint you a picture and clear this up. 5 into 3 = 60%, higher with substitutions. Player A plays 4 outta 6 games, 66%, scores 2 and assists 1. We start out 5-1-0. Fantastic, right? Winning and rotation works for happiness! Wrong. He started and scored a brace in the milk cup, assisted in a start v swansea, was a sub vs west brom and stoke...but was dropped completely for Arsenal and United. He went from one of the first names on the team sheet and a vital piece for country to 5th/5 in the pecking order in a World Cup year without seemingly doing anything wrong. Yeah, he's jumping for joy in the locker room. Lemme tell ya. It's not 5 into 3 anyway. It's 6 with Bernardo. The player is obviously Raz and he'll be the one affected by this the most.

The issue is rotation and keeping players happy so I'm very much on this issue.

Arsesnal will sell to us. Every club has their price. If we were to break the transfer record for him then Arsenal wouldn't hesitate for a second. I'm not suggesting that we should do this, but merely illustrating the point that this will come down to how much City are willing to spend to bring him in.

We saw how long Txiki was willing to spend negotiating over Stones. I definitely envision this transfer dragging on and on (ala De Bruyne). However, if Mbappe becomes available, then I highly doubt that the club will persue Sanchez further (despite what some journalists have said).

Not when it could be the difference between champions league football (money) and the Europa league for not just next season but the following few seasons after. Losing £50 million is worth it to secure a champions league place and i suspect Wenger will have made this clear before signing a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.