Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sanchez so badly wanted to move he could have put a transfer request in.
This is what I've said a few times, kind of pisses me off that he didn't. They would have had no choice but to sell him had he done that. Fans wouldn't even have blamed them.

Actually, when all this fizz and froth settles down, I'd think City will move on from Sanchez.

He will never now end up at City and who knows if his form dips he might have to settle for what's he's got rather than what he'd like.

A cautionary tale, really and nice to see players don't have all the power.
Your woman says "I'm leaving you for another man but he's gonna give you 60 mill to make you feel better, all I need is a divorce coz I don't love you anymore and he's got more to offer me,"
You reply "get fucked your staying and I expect you to ride me with the usual vigour and energy and I'll let you go next year for nowt".

Still hoping for a city style last minute miracle

Have us or Arsenal actually said that the deal is now dead?

Can Sanchez play in the Champions League if we sign him in January? Or will Arsenal playing in the Europa League fuck him over?
He'd be cup tied but there is an exception. From Wikipedia:

"UEFA operates European club football competitions, primarily the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League.[note 1] UEFA's regulations state that, with a few exceptions, players who play in any European club competition are subsequently cup-tied with respect to all European football for the remainder of the season.[1]

The main current exception is the UEFA Super Cup, contested by the winners of the previous seasons' Champions League and Europa League. As this is effectively a prestige friendly with only one round, the cup-tied rule is seen as unnecessary. Representing a club in this fixture does not affect a player's eligibility in other UEFA competitions.[citation needed]Similarly, cup-tying did not apply to matches in the now-defunct pre-season UEFA Intertoto Cup, up to the semi-final round.

A further exemption applies: one player per club who would normally be cup-tied can be registered and eligible to play, so long as his previous club did not field him in the same competition. This means that players can represent two different clubs in the Europa League and Champions League, but only a maximum of one player per club. However, if the first club switches into the same competition (e.g. transfers from the Champions League to the Europa League through finishing third in the group stage), the transferred player becomes ineligible."

Me too,fucking leicester won the league with their squad so i'm sure we can with ours
I was going to write the exact same sentence about Leicester but couldn't be bothered, if people really believe we can't win the league without Sanchez then let them live in their little small world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.