Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness, PSG still spent less than we did this summer.

Mbappe is on loan and won't be bought till next year
That's not a given. They're arguing over the terms of the loan to PSG. PSG don't want an obligation to buy clause that could be used by UEFA to load the fee into this season's accounts!

We've already seen that they are 'delighted' with their decision not to sell...

Which is great, except you accepted the bid and then fucked it up. Not sure you can really sell that as a 'decision'.

Can't blame City for this one. Wenger has made it clear from the outset that he wasn't going to sell Sanchez to us despite the player clearly wanting the move. I think we've done all we can to get the player, offered a fair price and acted with courtesy and class, but we are dealing with a club who really are in crisis. Their club is a laughing stock, the fans want the manager out and to sell their best player to a rival, without an adequate replacement would have been professional suicide for the arrogant Frenchman. It's just one of those situations where the selling club see losing a player on a free as a better alternative to mutiny amongst the fans at the start of a new campaign. In all honesty its the player that I feel sorry for, as he probably had his heart set on a move and club politics have prevented it.

Last edited:
I don't understand people saying we are short in attacking areas. If we go back to 4-3-3 we have 5 players for 3 posistions plus another 2 in KDB and David Silva able to push forward and Yaya/Gundegon to drop in.
I'm more concerned that we look short at the back.
I think Bernardo was bought more as a midfielder and we have four attackers. If they all stay fit and in form we are fine , if they don't we could have a problem.

It's bad. Really bad. I just figured it was worse to sell than to let him walk free. Arsenal agrees.

It's fucking pathetic but it's the better option and Arsenal agrees.
Only better if he is not so angry at them that he decides to turn his application level down a few notches. Then they've done all of this for literally nothing. Perhaps worse than nothing as I can imagine the other players (and their agents) are very apprehensive about this outcome.

My money is that he is livid given the reports coming out of the Chilean camp earlier today.

Or 40's actress Heddy!!

220px-Hedy_lamarr_-_1940.jpg
That's Hedley!

Incredible how shit this day has been all round. It genuinely looked like it could be the last day of all last days with everyone doing huge business, it's been an absolute sack of donkey spunk.

Arsenal are the huge losers out of this. They have a completely unmotivated player, they lose out on 70 million quod, they don't get lemar, fans are completely pissed off and Wenger looks even more of a twat.

Totally agree. They'll miss out on top 4 this season then lose Ozil and Sanchez next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.