Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be our only hope of getting him imo. Unfortunately, i don't see him doing that. It's a world cup year, he might have a strop and a moan but when the window closes he'd knuckle down for the year with the world cup waiting and knowing he can leave in the summer.

You may well be right, however there is one thing for sure Sanchez is absolutely guaranteed to start for Chile in the world cup if fit no matter what is club form attitude etc have been during the year.

I could see Hart being thrown in. Then from Arsene's point of view, he can say they've made 30m or so on Alexis without losing him for nothing, added England's #1, and doesn't have his best player unhappy all season. The only thing is they will be so much worse on the field and unless they purchase another great attacker to replace him they will miss top 4 again.

I'd like to chime in on the 'they'll be happy if we win things' POV. It's total bullshit and I'm speaking from experience. I played travel baseball and AAU basketball (think academy level) from youth until my late teens. I was on the best teams in the state (hundreds of teams) and was the 10th or 11th best out of 12-15 players. I didn't play often and when I did it was vs garbage teams or I'd come in late in blowouts. On paper I played 3/10 games which isn't terrible but in reality I basically didn't add anything to the team and wasn't trusted in the vital moments. You aren't happy to win things, you're embarrassed and humiliated. You feel like you aren't good enough to be at the highest level (what every serious athlete needs to believe to maximize their chances).

It would piss me off when the coach would throw me in for the final few minutes in a blowout (think Sterling being put on for 5m in a 2-0 game). That's really not doing much positive for him psychologically ... but he gets a game on the stats sheet. I 'loved it' when Carlitos told Bobby Manc to F off, I'm not warming up, in the CL because that's what many of the second choice players dream of doing.

My final two years I dropped down to a lower rated squad and was the best player. We didn't win as much, which is never fun, but I felt valued and 'more alive' and that's more important than winning when you don't contribute much. It feels 'fake' and not as enjoyable as it appears on the outside.

Am I an outlier? I don't think so but if you think 'it's cool...they are fine, they are winning things' ... well then you're just lying to yourself. You can't be vocal or outspoken about your unhappiness in the situation because it's a bad look for yourself and comes off as a poor sport.
Great post.

You could see his frustration last season.

Sanchez is a top quality footballer. If the elite club's in the world are sniffing, he will be off.

Arsenal are powerless. The player always wins in this type of situation and no matter the noise Arsenal may make, the fact is they sell their better players in the prime of their career. We personally know this only too well.

I don't think Arsenal have the minerals to react positively to dropping out of the champions league. I think they'll have a strategy in place that ensures they make the required profit/revenue this season whether they finish top 4 or not.

Wouldn't surprise me if they went all out on Europa league

I seriously still don't get why people don't want Sanchez because having too many players would upset the harmony of the squad. Look at Real Madrid, they win the league and the champions league and they have bale, asensio, morata sat on the bench with James not even in the squad. Bayern have kimmich, douglas costa, kingsley coman, Renato Sanches and sometimes Mats Hummels sat on the bench. If we want to have aspirations of winning the champions league, the squad needs to be seriously bolstered. Signing Sanchez would give us immense strength in depth up top. As for Kelechi, he isn't good enough for city in my personal opinion, I honestly think Diaz and Sancho are much better prospects.

I seriously still don't get why people don't want Sanchez because having too many players would upset the harmony of the squad. Look at Real Madrid, they win the league and the champions league and they have bale, asensio, morata sat on the bench with James not even in the squad. Bayern have kimmich, douglas costa, kingsley coman, Renato Sanches and sometimes Mats Hummels sat on the bench. If we want to have aspirations of winning the champions league, the squad needs to be seriously bolstered. Signing Sanchez would give us immense strength in depth up top. As for Kelechi, he isn't good enough for city in my personal opinion, I honestly think Diaz and Sancho are much better prospects.

I agree completely. My posts on the previous pages about 'happiness with winning' being bullshit was just from a players perspective. As a fan, I'm not all that worried about happines as I just want to watch city be great and win as many trophies as possible.

I'm a little anxious about option b and c after Sanchez because Costa and Coman don't exactly do it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.