Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm relaxed now.

It's over mate.

We'll get SANCHEZ ON A FREE NEXT SUMMER.

And we've banked £60mill in the process.
51ZWS%2BH80yL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I always said there was no point selling an irreplaceable player for 1/4 of the world transfer record. 55m is nothing in this market where Lukaku/Pogba is 100m and Coutinho is 130m and his club don't even accept the bid. We can flog useless players like Chamberlain and get nearly the amount you offered for Sanchez. Alexis can leave a few months shy of his 30th birthday and command a huge signing on fee and huge wages, we'll have got all of his peak years for comparitive small change. Whoever signs him probably gets him on a 4year deal, paying him huge wages when he's 32,33,34. He could age well but most don't.

Your club didn't want him that much to be offering 55m, you've paid as much for fullbacks, so he wasn't really a big priority. And maybe rightly so, you have a wealth of talented forward. IMO you should of gone all in for Fabinho.

As far as Arsenal are concerned we can make top4 with Alexis and we might not have done without. That's worth the 55m in itself.

As for the salty notion that he'll go on strike all year, well he's the type of player who wants to play every game so I doubt it. And if he does it might well hurt the deal he can negotiate. He should be asking for a 50m signing on fee if his agent is up to anything.

I think this was more about the principle than the thought of what Alexis could contribute next season. Wenger and the board had fought themselves in a corner and the way they've conducted themselves today was poor (even in the eyes of their own fans). The Arsenal I knew of old would not hang onto a top player going into the last year of his contract - not clinging on to the remote chance that he will perform for you this season - coupled with the fact that his own team mates want him gone. Then again the Arsenal of old wouldn't have top players (and their own players) choosing Liverpool over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.