Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I'm not sure where Sanchez would fit in the current set up given the richness of talent we have going forward. I don't think he's the type who will settle for rotation. Seems a tad mardy at times.
Still, anything to piss the tarquins off would be good. Can't see that happening.
He'll be off to Bayern if anywhere.

Tbh I'm not sure where Sanchez would fit in the current set up given the richness of talent we have going forward. I don't think he's the type who will settle for rotation. Seems a tad mardy at times.
Still, anything to piss the tarquins off would be good. Can't see that happening.
He'll be off to Bayern if anywhere.

Don't think they'll pay his wage,IMO.

Would be pointless to spend 130m on young attackers only to hamper their progression by doing this. Great player not sure how you can incorporate Silva x2, KDB, Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Aguero, Alexis into
4-5 positions and get maximum development out of the younger players. I'm all for rotation but some players need continuity.
Ffs don't start this argument again

I seriously still don't get why people don't want Sanchez because having too many players would upset the harmony of the squad. Look at Real Madrid, they win the league and the champions league and they have bale, asensio, morata sat on the bench with James not even in the squad. Bayern have kimmich, douglas costa, kingsley coman, Renato Sanches and sometimes Mats Hummels sat on the bench. If we want to have aspirations of winning the champions league, the squad needs to be seriously bolstered. Signing Sanchez would give us immense strength in depth up top. As for Kelechi, he isn't good enough for city in my personal opinion, I honestly think Diaz and Sancho are much better prospects.
It's not so much the size of the squad. It's the fact that we have spent an astronomical amount of money on very young attackers yet are now looking at players who will effectively take considerable game time and development opportunities from them.

It works at Bayern because Robben and Ribery are injury prone. Even then Douglas Costa is supposedly unhappy and possibly on the move.

At Real it works because the younger players like Asensio, Mariano and even Morata all came through the Castilla and B team. Even then Morata will probably move due to only starting 14 games and Isco nearly spat his dummy out. James is as good as gone.

If Real spent 140m bringing Asensio, Morata and Mariano in, and then the season after put two world class players in front of them, there's a good chance the development of Asensio, Morata and Mariano would be hindered.

This is why eye brows were raised when we paid so much for Sane and Sterling. We don't have the patience to wait long enough for a young talent to develop into a world class player, unless he instantly performs at that kind of level.

I'm sorry but if we have Sanchez, Aguero, Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Bernardo Silva, KDB and David Silva to fit into 4 or 5 positions, something will give....probably Sterling. KDB, Sane and Sterling clearly need regular and consistent games to play anywhere near their capabilities.

I'm all for having a squad, but I'm not sure building it in this fashion is the best way. It might give us a little short term boost but if it has a negative effect on the development of the younger players, it hinders us in the long run.

I asked tanc on his thoughts of Mendy and Sanchez to city, this guy is the guy that broke the news Pep is joining city

It's not so much the size of the squad. It's the fact that we have spent an astronomical amount of money on very young attackers yet are now looking at players who will effectively take considerable game time and development opportunities from them.

It works at Bayern because Robben and Ribery are injury prone. Even then Douglas Costa is supposedly unhappy and possibly on the move.

At Real it works because the younger players like Asensio, Mariano and even Morata all came through the Castilla and B team. Even then Morata will probably move due to only starting 14 games and Isco nearly spat his dummy out. James is as good as gone.

If Real spent 140m bringing Asensio, Morata and Mariano in, and then the season after put two world class players in front of them, there's a good chance the development of Asensio, Morata and Mariano would be hindered.

This is why eye brows were raised when we paid so much for Sane and Sterling. We don't have the patience to wait long enough for a young talent to develop into a world class player, unless he instantly performs at that kind of level.

I'm sorry but if we have Sanchez, Aguero, Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Bernardo Silva, KDB and David Silva to fit into 4 or 5 positions, something will give....probably Sterling. KDB, Sane and Sterling clearly need regular and consistent games to play anywhere near their capabilities.

I'm all for having a squad, but I'm not sure building it in this fashion is the best way. It might give us a little short term boost but if it has a negative effect on the development of the younger players, it hinders us in the long run.
I think the reason it is difficult to take anything you say is that your sort of talking hypotheticals and not giving anything concrete.

Your saying 8 players in 5 positions is too much, because players like Sane and Sterling won't get enough games, you should show this if this is the case using simple maths. The first thing you have to ask yourself is how many full games (assuming 90 mins played per game) is enough in your opinion?

Using simple math: 8 players in 5 spots and with likely atleast 55 games next season that means on average each player gets (5/8)*55 = 34 games next season.

Using this process how many games on average should each player get that is deemed acceptable to you? (I'm actually curious).

7 players in 5 spots: (5/7)*55 = 39 games per player
6 players in 5 spots: (5/6)*55 = 46 games per player

and no depth means 55 games per player which is obviously a bad idea giving you no room for injuries.

Edit: Would like to add that I don't want Sanchez either, would much rather have Roberts come in and get atleast 25-30 games, with sterling and sane getting a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.