Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, one of the main reasons Sanchez wanted to sign for City was because of Pep, if City don't win anything this year Pep could be out on his arse which means Alexis would be less inclined to join the club, thus opening the possibility of signing for another team in Europe/premier league.

For City to sign Sanchez we have to keep Pep, for city to keep pep he needs to win a trophy. Nice bit of added pressure...

I think the most sensible thing to do for all parties would be to come to an agreement ASAP that Sanchez will sign for us 1st Jan. At least then Arsenal will get some money and a player that might actually put some effort in for 4 months. Sanchez can relax knowing he is getting the move he wants and City know they are getting the player and probably at a cheaper price.

Sounds like a sensible solution for both Arsenal, City and the player.

The biggest fly in the ointment is surely the fuckwit powers at Arsenal who do not appear to have a sensible brain cell spread across the manager or board of non-functioning directors .

The senile French one being allowed to sign a new contract says everything about their capabilities .

Eh up, what's this ? Reports from Chile that Sanchez signed a contract with City. Doesn't fulfil transfer requirements but interesting. Some suggestion that we might sue Arse for failure to complete, but I doubt that. What next ?
If that's the case then Arsenal should have seen it through. Very unprofessional.

The thing is, one of the main reasons Sanchez wanted to sign for City was because of Pep, if City don't win anything this year Pep could be out on his arse which means Alexis would be less inclined to join the club, thus opening the possibility of signing for another team in Europe/premier league.

For City to sign Sanchez we have to keep Pep, for city to keep pep he needs to win a trophy. Nice bit of added pressure...

Given the age of our squad and the turnover to get there, I don't think Pep needs a trophy to stay, he just needs to challenge on all fronts. Of course it'd be a huge disappointment not winning anything but I don't think that's the end of Pep, we've waited years for him.

It's his poor dogs that I feel for. Imagine the kicking they got last night.
135894279.oSbRZr3G.jpg

I would have laughed my head off if Sanchez had got injured in last nights match. Arsenal stuck with an unhappy and injured player after flushing £60 mil down the toilet.

If he signed the contract isn't he our player?

Slightly wishful thinking....

Its not surprising that he signed a contract with City in advance of the deal being completed. He had a match to play yesterday and obviously couldnt break off to see his solicitor. And the terms of Sanchez's contract with City were agreed ages ago.

Isn't it like buying a house? You would normally sign the purchase contract and leave it with your solicitor several days before the formalities are complete. If everything goes to plan your solicitor exchanges contracts with the seller's solicitor and you have a binding contract. If someone in the chain pulls out at the last minute, contracts are not exchanged, the contract that you have signed is binned.

City would have completed this transfer on the 1st day of the window given the opportunity. It dragged out because Arsenal tried selling him everywhere but City, first it was Bayern, then it was PSG. It somehow took Arsenal 3 months to realise what we all knew from the start, that Sanchez was deadly serious about wanting only City and that he would not be bullied into going elsewhere. It went to the last day because the powers that be at Arsenal thought Sanchez would eventually back down, when he didn't, they panicked. If Wenger and the board had done their job properly, Sanchez would have signed for City weeks ago and you would have gone out and bought a player or players that actually wanted to play for you.

We all defend our clubs and I don't blame you for defending yours but on this occasion you are dead wrong.

Well said.

I still find it unbelievable how many City fans are still saying why didn't we get it done earlier, really, Arsenal screwed us over big style and after we take Sanchez for free at the end of the season I would strongly advocate that we never do business with the small minded pricks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.