Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually don't buy the media narrative, i use my own brain and i can see for myself that there is something wrong 'backstage'
Every Blue i know was texting and calling me and each other about how we were shaping up throughout this transfer, the common theme was we will fuck it up as NOBODY had any confidence in our backroom staff to get it over the line, the extensive Blue circles i move in have had this opinion about our staff for years, it's nothing new
Would you describe these Blue circles as "massive?

Silva had won the Euros in 2008 and World cup in 2010 before joining us, so he was pretty established. Yaya had won a CL with Barca.

Of the players we bought this summer, indeed the two summers before, none had achieved either of these feats.

Sorry i am taking my blue specs off, Arsenal cannot take total blame .Infact all parties must .Sanchez certainly in public, did not push and at least say he was unhappy staying the extra year. City has THREE MONTHS to at least put in an offer and start the ball rolling Only yesterday or Wednesday did it go to the very hierarchy to get the job done Surely if we wanted the player so much we should have shook hands on the 70 million they wanted on Weds After all WE NEEDED HIM BADLY AND WHATS ANOTHER 5-10 MILLION IN THIS MONEY SLOSHED WINDOW

I'm tempted to preface my answer with the word [sigh] because posts of this type have been answered ad nauseam already, but as you're a top chap I'll refrain....

1. Up until about a week ago Arsenal have been unequivocal that Sanchez would not be sold to a rival.
2. Prior to that they'd tried without success to hawk him off to both Bayern and PSG. Sanchez's response was to deliberately and obviously sabotage those attempts by making ludicrous wage demands that he knew wouldn't be granted.
3. Against this backdrop there was no point in City making a bid. The media would have gone to town on us for 'bullying' Arsenal, and Wenger would have hammed it up as the humble boss just trying to do his best in the face of our unwanted attentions. Besides we had no need to bid at that stage as we were aware of Sanchez's desires and intentions (as were Arsenal).
4. After the debacle at Klanfield the penny may have dropped re the folly of expecting wantaway players to give their all, and Arsenal let it be known that they might be open to offers.
5. Realising that said folly had left them with no time to scout a suitable replacement and facing a shit storm from fans, they suddenly dreamt up the ridiculous caveat that any bid from City would have to be part exchange.
6. City rightly laughed this suggestion out of town hence the Hail Mary overbid for Lemar on deadline day.
7. Cocooned in his bubble Wenger then used Lemar's 'fuck off' as the excuse to pull the plug on the Sanchez deal, deluding himself that the fans would 'buy into' his efforts to get a top replacement.

City played a near perfect hand in this, the only fly in the ointment being they failed to sufficiently legislate for the fact they were negotiating with a complete twit, prepared to bite off his nose to spite his face. In no way was yesterday's farce our fault

Last edited:
any link to said pics of him looking devastated ?

All from yesterday as I understand:

DImWVJQXYAAwuGf.jpg

DImVe5EXgAkrfzt.jpg

DIl5GuEXkAAmADy.jpg

DIl5IJUXkAEnf2G.jpg

Silva had won the Euros in 2008 and World cup in 2010 before joining us, so he was pretty established. Yaya had won a CL with Barca.

Of the players we bought this summer, indeed the two summers before, none had achieved either of these feats.
They were still not considered big players, though. I'm not sure how you could argue otherwise. Yaya was considered to be a disappointment at Barca when he left. Silva is now one of my favourite Stephen Ireland impersonators of all time but his signing wasn't considered a coup at the time because he was seen as a good but not great player (he became great here).

Tevez was hailed when we signed him, of course, but, as I said before, a lot of that was down to crossing no man's land.

I'm tempted to preface my answer with the word [sigh] because posts of this type have been answered ad nauseam already, but as you're a top chap I'll refrain....

1. Up until about a week ago Arsenal have been unequivocal that Sanchez would not be sold to a rival.
2. Prior to that they'd tried without success to hawk him off to both Bayern and PSG. Sanchez's response was to deliberately and obviously sabotage those attempts by making ludicrous wage demands that he knew wouldn't be granted.
3. Against this backdrop there was no point in City making a bid. The media would have gone to town on us for 'bullying' Arsenal, and Wenger would have hammed it up as the humble boss just trying to do his best in the face of our unwanted attentions. Besides we had no need to bid at that stage as we were aware of Sanchez's desires and intentions.
4. After the debacle at Klanfield the penny may have dropped re the folly of expecting wantaway players to give their all, and Arsenal let it be known that they might be open to offers.
5. Realising that said folly had left them with no time to scout a suitable replacement and facing a shit storm from fans, they suddenly dreamt up the ridiculous caveat that any bid from City would have to be part exchange.
6. City rightly laughed this suggestion out of town hence the Hail Mary overbid for Lemar on deadline day.
7. Cocooned in his bubble Wenger then used Lemar's 'fuck off' as the excuse to pull the plug on the Sanchez deal, deluding himself that the fans would 'buy into' his efforts to get a top replacement.

City played a near perfect hand in this, the only fly in the ointment being they failed to sufficiently legislate for the fact they were negotiating with a complete twit. In no way was yesterday's farce our fault
Congrats on your patience,mine ran out last night,you can explain but some just want someone to blame or have a dig at the club for their own agenda

Congrats on your patience,mine ran out last night,you can explain but some just want someone to blame or have a dig at the club for their own agenda
You should see my short analysis article (#27742) earlier in the thread.

As soon as I sent it I regretted wasting my time on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.