Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why Arsenal would let one of their best players leave halfway through the season, when everything is still up for grabs for league and cup positions etc.

In any case, I've just never been enthusiastic about Sanchez because he doesn't offer anything that is significantly different to what we already have. I would have preferred that the club tried to sign Diego Costa or someone like that with a physical presence and an aerial threat, to allow our midfielders and full/wing backs greater options for attacking with high crosses or more direct balls into space. Sanchez would simply be more of the same, pass, pass, bloody pass into the net football.

If Sanchez is starring in their team & they are competing as you say, it would be difficult to imagine them letting him go (unless he had agreed with Arsenal, to concentrate & give his all, provided they sell him in Jan, of course) but if he is playing like a man who doesn't want to be there, then he's gone, in Jan.

He could choose either of those methods to get out.

I agree on the rest btw.

But Pep clearly wants him.

A lot of people on here still clutching at straws. Lets see how the land lies in Dec before proclaiming he will defo join us in Jan. For now he is their player, we have games coming up to focus our minds on.

A lot of people on here still clutching at straws. Lets see how the land lies in Dec before proclaiming he will defo join us in Jan. For now he is their player, we have games coming up to focus our minds on.

TBH, I reckon the mods should shut this thread. Been literally nothing worthwhile in it since the window closed. Just the pantomime "he's coming" "no he's not" "yes he is" from people who like going round in ever decreasing circles.

You seriously think they're going to be in contention for a top 4 place?

They will be nowhere near the top 4.

Arsenal frequently start the season in crisis and then have a very good run in autumn and early winter. They might end this season in 5th or 6th place, but where will they be at the end of December? If they're no more than 4 or 5 points off of 4th spot then they can't really throw the towel in, which they would be doing if they sold Sanchez.

The other issue is the Europa League and the quality of the teams that drop into it from the CL. It became apparent last December that there was very little quality opposition standing between United and them and winning the EL. It was clearly very winnable for them even though they were playing quite poorly at the time. The same might be true for Arsenal this year.

Arsenal frequently start the season in crisis and then have a very good run in autumn and early winter. They might end this season in 5th or 6th place, but where will they be at the end of December? If they're no more than 4 or 5 points off of 4th spot then they can't really throw the towel in, which they would be doing if they sold Sanchez.

The other issue is the Europa League and the quality of the teams that drop into it from the CL. It became apparent last December that there was very little quality opposition standing between United and them and winning the EL. It was clearly very winnable for them even though they were playing quite poorly at the time. The same might be true for Arsenal this year.

Even by the end of December I don't think they will be anywhere near the top 4. The Europa League is their best shot, it's riskier but easier than qualifying via the league.

None of this is a true measurement though. The most important question is whether Sanchez is contributing to their position. If he does the bare minimum until January, it's irrelevant what position they're in because he won't be contributing to it, in which case it would be better to cash in on him and try and get someone who will contribute.

It's a reasonable inference that he doesn't want to be there based on him turning down a lucrative contract extension. Actions speak louder than words.
Spot on.

Not sure I understand your first point. For me, I dont see him joining us in Jan. Arse have already cut their nose for a much higher value.
If he causes trouble and never really plays then I can see them selling him albeit at a higher rate than what some of us are suggesting we should offer.

If Sanchez is starring in their team & they are competing as you say, it would be difficult to imagine them letting him go (unless he had agreed with Arsenal, to concentrate & give his all, provided they sell him in Jan, of course) but if he is playing like a man who doesn't want to be there, then he's gone, in Jan.

He could choose either of those methods to get out.

I agree on the rest btw.

But Pep clearly wants him.
Agreed but if I were Sanchez is never trust Wenger to keep his word. As the saying goes, "once bitten..."

Please don't get pissed off with me, I haven't been following the whole thread !

Juast a bit gutted tbh that we didn't land the lad ! I feel with him we could have won the league. I don't think any team won the league with 2 strikers....might be wrong though.

Onwards and upwards

I feel your pain mate but how many Strikers did Chelski have last season?

TBH, I reckon the mods should shut this thread. Been literally nothing worthwhile in it since the window closed. Just the pantomime "he's coming" "no he's not" "yes he is" from people who like going round in ever decreasing circles.

The whole forum is a pantomime of increasing and decreasing circles. Thats what forums and message boards are. Much better to stimulate active and interesting discussion rather than kill dull stuff. Its a player thread. The quality (As personally subjective as it is) will pick up soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.