Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
agree hes been one of our best players. why would we drop him ?
We don’t drop anyone. Football is not a game played by 11 people any more. We will have 5 players for 3 slots.

It means we don’t weaken our team when we have a CL game coming up.

It means we don’t weaken our team when fresh legs come on at 65 minutes.

We don’t drop anyone. Football is not a game played by 11 people any more. We will have 5 players for 3 slots.

It means we don’t weaken our team when we have a CL game coming up.

It means we don’t weaken our team when fresh legs come on at 65 minutes.

i can imagine sanchez like de bruyne or silva would start most games though in the champions league and the prem, which mean sterling getting less game time imo. its a tough one to keep all of them happy and get enough game time. bernardo silva hasn't had that much game time, we have such high quality attack.

Still a bargain.

It would probably cost us that in a signing on fee in the summer anyway. If that's how it works.

Arsenal want £30m City will only pay £20m. I await the horse trading till we pay the £30m. £10m on winning the Premier League?

Some might point to Sterling and Sane tearing up opposition, but what happens when the inevitable injury to one ( or God forgive both) happens deep into the Prem and CL? Not only is it about rotation and keeping our players fresh, but doing so to minimise injuries, which will happen at the high octane level these players operate on, so getting Sanchez is a no brainer on every level, you can throw him anywhere on the pitch and he will give 100%, City now operate like some uber 5-a-side team where every player is expected to cover every position without issue, and one only has to look at the different scorers this season, and the 7-2 game against Stoke where we had 6 different scorers

I don’t want him anymore, after seeing Sterlimg’s development. Feel like it will destabilise what is a very happy and tight knit squad. He also seems like a wee prick which is colouring my view.
Sanchez plays a different game to both Sane & Sterling. We have two speed merchants in these two, but if they weren't to play & we got Sanchez & Bernardo had to play wide right, we'd have to play a slighly different game.

I've said all season, we're a couple of key injuries away from having an up hill task to keep players fresh. Without Sane & Sterling, as it stands we'd have to put Jesus, Bernardo, KDB or Silva out wide. This season has already proved none of these players' suit that role & if they were to have to play there, it would be a mend & make do decision.

We have no need of this if we plan ahead with players like Sanchez who can move from outside to in & back again. Sterling's development wouldn't be impeded imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.