Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone can agree with that, although the obvious question is how likely is that?
Er......very likely.
Why not Sane? - Better all round player with much more potential.
Sterling is clearly a very good player but frequently not on the same wavelength as the more intuitive players around him.
He's a talented player and his stats speak for themselves no doubt - just think Sanchez would offer even more for now.
Or be our Rodney Marsh mk2.
Football eh?

Every player has a dip in form over a season. If we have the strategic advantage to have (and pay) good options we need to use them if we want to get to the very top.

We have learnt vs Wolves that you need fresh legs and power especially on the wings to break up those defenses.
We also shouldn't wonder to see many low table teams copy paste what Wolves did from now on.
Raz had quite an off game and we didn't have an option as Bernardo was playing KDB's role in right midfield.

We really need more options on the wings. Top clubs have 6 forwards in the squad. We don't.

I understand the point about players not being happy if there is more competition.
But I think we have to decide at this point of development to a big player,
if we want success for the club or making any player "happy".

Happiness is up to definition also. Playing maximum minutes would be about quantity only.
Being happy because you have a perfectly balanced squad to manage the resources and fitness and reduce injuries plus enjoying the success of the whole squad could mean to be "happy" as well...

If we want to have a strong bench to attack PL and CL silverware, we have to decide.

I don't doubt for a second which way Pep is heading to take.

I would imagine if we are looking for an inkling where Pep sees Sanchez playing if he joins us we only have to look at his positioning during his time at Barca under Pep. He hasn't physically deteriorated to a degree where that physicality is an issue so I suspect thats where Pep sees him playing.
On a personal note I think a motivated fit Sanchez is world class if there is such a definition. If you look at his physique despite his age he has superb conditioning. Hardly likely to be setting fireworks off in his bathroom either. If this happens does anybody not think it makes us even stronger? Can't see a downside from a fans point of view. Our squad is starting to look capable of getting to a CL final, only another holding midfielder a la Ferna and a Centre Half of equal standing to VK and I think there's no stopping us.

Which is not old, unless you compare him to a 20 year old, which is kind of where I was going I didnt suggest he was too old.

To even suggest his conditioning should be an issue is insane though,the average bloke in the street should still be in decent nick at 29,Sanchez is a world class professional footballer.He'll be at his best for at least another 3 years.

He'll be a fucking great signing,i cant wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.