Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and Happy New Year to you and like-minded blues.

I was responding to a series of comments that claimed a move for Sanchez was imminent given the Jesus injury news. I agree with your point that a move for a player should not be made on short term injury concerns but on their long term value to the squad.

What's changed since we last discussed this?
  • It's become evident from Guardiola's press conferences that we're not in for him - very significant yet many seem to be ignoring this.
  • The injury to Jesus - best guess of return: mid-Feb.
  • City now have a 12 point lead with a game in hand. If we maintain this form, we will be the outstanding side in the Premier League and possibly Europe, able to buy who we need.
  • Sanchez's form has improved a little. He had a good game at Palace. However, we've now seen him for a period of 5 months now, and it's evident to me that my suggestion that his game was deteriorating have been borne out. At 29 he's lost the basic speed which was a big part of his game rendering him less effective. The end product is 7 goals, and 3 assists. A very significant dip consistent with predictions. I don't accept the excuse that his game has been massively affected by being unsettled as he was unsettled the previous season as well, and we can also see that his work-rate is undiminished.
This topic is informed by a backward-looking attitude which informs fans view of the player. That's OK when a player is in his prime, but when you have a player whose game is so much based around his physicality, and he's approaching his 30s then it gives a false impression. A direct comparison is Yaya Toure - when he lost his sprint speed he faded inside 6 months. We should have seen that after cake-gate but instead we held on to him.

Last Summer we were very close to signing Mbappe. In previous Summers we've looked at Kaka, the young Sanchez, Kaka etc. This should be the first Summer when we should truly be confident of signing our main targets. Alexis 3-4 years ago would have been a huge capture for City. That's no longer the case. We can do better. One negative is Real Madrid as it looks like Ronaldo will move in the Summer and they will be in the market for a forward too. They can not buy everyone though.

I'm not anticipating discussing this topic because frankly you're one of the few posters who is capable of holding a discussion without trading insults and the topic is reaching a natural end.
Has Sanchez form been any worse recently than Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Bernardo or Gundogan?

The last 3 being even more important given they occupy the same wide & central midfield roles that Sanchez would.

By your metric, the only thing Sane, Bernardo & Gundogan have going for them is age over Sanchez.

Has Sanchez form been any worse recently than Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Bernardo or Gundogan?

The last 3 being even more important given they occupy the same wide & central midfield roles that Sanchez would.

By your metric, the only thing Sane, Bernardo & Gundogan have going for them is age over Sanchez.
All are quality players. Aguero is already on our books. I would not advocate buying him now. It's the trajectory of the players games that's important. I think Gundogan has been good recently. Bernardo looks like he's settling in to.

Sorry Dribble, there's no point me contributing to this topic. See comment above. I thought a break might make a difference. It didn't.

All are quality players. Aguero is already on our books. I would not advocate buying him now. It's the trajectory of the players games that's important. I think Gundogan has been good recently. Bernardo looks like he's settling in to.

Sorry Dribble, there's no point me contributing to this topic. See comment above. I thought a break might make a difference. It didn't.

You were saying Messi was past it and finished at the top 3 months ago.

After the nonsense in the Summer would love City to place an early £20m bid and lets see the fall out at Arsenal. Just don't delay but throw the grenade and let Sanchez agitate for the move, Wilshire complains and tells him to go and Wenger tries to keep them all happy.

You were saying Messi was past it and finished at the top 3 months ago.
I genuinely think that Messi is at or past his peak, amazing though he is. We need to find young footballers who are going to be at their peak at City and we have moved on a club where we are chasing slightly passed it Galacticos such as Kaka / Sanchez.

Believe it or not I don't enjoy the acrimony of posting on here. No point in asking people to stick to the football.

Go to Arsenal. Tell them here's 10 mill for him, take it now or he's prepared to sign pre-contract.

Wenger will be on a lose lose with either his board or the tarquins.

Get him in before the Liverpool game - he is a big game player with a point to prove

I think we will in all honesty, it makes perfect sense to.

I can't believe some of the posts saying he's past it or we don't need him.

If there are any further injuries we really will be in trouble.

He would provide much needed competition for Sane and the youngsters would look up to him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.