Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. The scans are ongoing. It could be up to six months or it could be one but they haven't established the severity of it yet.
Jesus should be a decent source, seeing as it’s his knee, he says it’s not bad, I think I’ll trust him....

Name me a "young" footballer that we could buy in the summer with all of Sanchez qualities and how much it's gonna cost us?
In the recent past we have signed players like Aguero, Silva, Kevin de Bruyne, Jesus, Bernardo Silva, Ederson, Kyle Walker. We are now even stronger as a club. We need to buy players who have their best years in front of them, or can give City 2-3 years of top quality football.

I can't give you a young player who fits the category. Mbappe did. But I think these players will emerge and we don't have to buy now. probably they are around now, but I am not a scout. I have no exposure to South America, Europe, Africa etc. There are only a limited number of squad places available so if we do buy, it limits the prospects of us competing for the top players in the near future and also limits the possibility of our best young players coming through.

In the recent past we have signed players like Aguero, Silva, Kevin de Bruyne, Jesus, Bernardo Silva, Ederson, Kyle Walker. We are now even stronger as a club. We need to buy players who have their best years in front of them, or can give City 2-3 years of top quality football.

I can't give you a young player who fits the category. Mbappe did. But I think these players will emerge and we don't have to buy now. probably they are around now, but I am not a scout. I have no exposure to South America, Europe, Africa etc. There are only a limited number of squad places available so if we do buy, it limits the prospects of us competing for the top players in the near future and also limits the possibility of our best young players coming through.
The only “young” player about with sanchez’s quality is kane & we aint a hope in hell of getting him so sanchez it is then & im more than happy with that

Bottom line is, would Sanchez strengthen the squad or wouldn't he. No brainer.

What is your obsession with young footballers?

A team needs the right balance of experience, youth and players at their peak to fight on all fronts. Casting aside Bernardo who i think is better deployed centrally than out wide, we have 4 attackers for 3 positions. Jesus and Sane are still kids who will go through inconsistent spells which has been proved by their recent form, Sterling is improving all of the time but is still nowhere near his peak and Kun is showing all of the signs that he his past his peak and approaching a stage where he will be a good striker, rather than world class.

Sanchez coming in will give all of the front players a kick up the arse and more importantly a lift.
I don't really have an on obsession with young footballers but it's very rare for top clubs to buy players older than 28. Guardiola has bought 2 outfield old players in his career: Alonso and Nolito. The reason is obvious because you buy a player not just for the now, but for the future. Alexis was the best, or one of the best in his position for 6-7 years. I just don't think he will be able to play at that level into his 30's and that's all there is to it.

Comments like yours drag me back in,because I want to discuss football.

Bottom line is, would Sanchez strengthen the squad or wouldn't he. No brainer.
agree, with potential 32 games still to play we need the additional depth up front.

17 League, 3 Carabao (assume we get to the final), 6 Chump league (assumes we get to semi final), upto 6 FA Cup matches.

I don't really have an on obsession with young footballers but it's very rare for top clubs to buy players older than 28. Guardiola has bought 2 outfield old players in his career: Alonso and Nolito. The reason is obvious because you buy a player not just for the now, but for the future. Alexis was the best, or one of the best in his position for 6-7 years. I just don't think he will be able to play at that level into his 30's and that's all there is to it.

Comments like yours drag me back in,because I want to discuss football.

But Alonso was a top class footballer until he retired and Nolito was an average player coming on the back of a very good season. Sanchez is more in the Alonso bracket because his game has evolved and he no longer relies on the blistering pace that he had in his younger years.

The biggest strength of Sanchez's game is his ability to keep the ball and his intelligence. He still has that ability to beat defenders with a sharp turn or his control and it was evident at the Etihad this year on a number of occasions. That skill set is going to be crucial in the CL because Sane and even Kun these days, fail to keep the ball under pressure. Sanchez is not going to lose those abilities over the next 2 and a half seasons.

Furthermore, there is also the mentality that he has. He's a born winner and has dragged Arsenal to trophies over recent seasons and there is no doubt in my mind that his presence would ensure that Sane and Jesus would not be allowed to rest of their laurels.

You have to strike whilst the iron is hot in football and Sanchez would easily improve our team. Whether that is for two years only then so be it because we have the chance now, with Pep in charge to dominate the PL. Players like Sanchez who would cost less than Lingard in today's market would give us the better chance of doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.