Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Alonso was a top class footballer until he retired and Nolito was an average player coming on the back of a very good season. Sanchez is more in the Alonso bracket because his game has evolved and he no longer relies on the blistering pace that he had in his younger years.

The biggest strength of Sanchez's game is his ability to keep the ball and his intelligence. He still has that ability to beat defenders with a sharp turn or his control and it was evident at the Etihad this year on a number of occasions. That skill set is going to be crucial in the CL because Sane and even Kun these days, fail to keep the ball under pressure. Sanchez is not going to lose those abilities over the next 2 and a half seasons.

Furthermore, there is also the mentality that he has. He's a born winner and has dragged Arsenal to trophies over recent seasons and there is no doubt in my mind that his presence would ensure that Sane and Jesus would not be allowed to rest of their laurels.

You have to strike whilst the iron is hot in football and Sanchez would easily improve our team. Whether that is for two years only then so be it because we have the chance now, with Pep in charge to dominate the PL. Players like Sanchez who would cost less than Lingard in today's market would give us the better chance of doing so.
On the money.

Go to Arsenal. Tell them here's 10 mill for him, take it now or he's prepared to sign pre-contract.

Let's leave out this pre-contract topic. It's too complex and an unsolved problem.

FIFA has banned TPO (Third Party Ownership) in May 2015.
I cannot remember a pre-contract since then, as no club wants to go into a legal case vs FIFA at the international CAS court.

In theory, a pre-contract between Sanchez and a non-FA club would mean he doesn't want to join City.
Well, so be it then.

So, please let's just forget this pre-contract stuff for the time being. Thank you!

But Alonso was a top class footballer until he retired and Nolito was an average player coming on the back of a very good season. Sanchez is more in the Alonso bracket because his game has evolved and he no longer relies on the blistering pace that he had in his younger years.

The biggest strength of Sanchez's game is his ability to keep the ball and his intelligence. He still has that ability to beat defenders with a sharp turn or his control and it was evident at the Etihad this year on a number of occasions. That skill set is going to be crucial in the CL because Sane and even Kun these days, fail to keep the ball under pressure. Sanchez is not going to lose those abilities over the next 2 and a half seasons.

Furthermore, there is also the mentality that he has. He's a born winner and has dragged Arsenal to trophies over recent seasons and there is no doubt in my mind that his presence would ensure that Sane and Jesus would not be allowed to rest of their laurels.

You have to strike whilst the iron is hot in football and Sanchez would easily improve our team. Whether that is for two years only then so be it because we have the chance now, with Pep in charge to dominate the PL. Players like Sanchez who would cost less than Lingard in today's market would give us the better chance of doing so.
Very good argument in favour of Sanchez. Personally, I'd like to see him arrive at the club on thursday!
Whatever he may cost, anyone know how this fairs with the FFP this season?

I've wavered on and off about Sanchez, but with our current injuries i think i'm back on.

The age is a concern, however he should still have at least 2-3 seasons of top level football in him, probably more if he slims down a little which i think he will under Pep. Also a massive bonus is that he has the Summer off after playing non-stop football for what, 4 seasons?

He could be crucial for the second half of the season and rejuvenated next season.

After Arse messed us about pre-season they will have to come cap in hand to us before we sign Sanchez.

that is what it comes down to for me too. we don't need him now and if arsenal want to loan him until the summer then i could see that happening but at no stage will city offer a big fee for him when he can sign for free today and come in the summer

the only thing that could make city jump is another club paying the asking price they want for him and united could jump in and pay £30million just to take him away from us but that is a long shot and united would have to fit him into the squad unlike city he would walk right in and know the setup

that is what it comes down to for me too. we don't need him now and if arsenal want to loan him until the summer then i could see that happening but at no stage will city offer a big fee for him when he can sign for free today and come in the summer

the only thing that could make city jump is another club paying the asking price they want for him and united could jump in and pay £30million just to take him away from us but that is a long shot and united would have to fit him into the squad unlike city he would walk right in and know the setup
Jesus wept. How many times??

He. Can’t. Sign. A. Pre-contract. With. A . Club. In. The. Same. League.

After Arse messed us about pre-season they will have to come cap in hand to us before we sign Sanchez.

I hope MCFC management does some smarter business than such a childish wounded pride behaviour.
Maybe serving as a bluff to cap the fee a bit.

@ancoats
How can "he sign for free today"?
How could rags "jump in"? Sanchez would have to sign such a deal as well as Arsenal. No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.