Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope MCFC management does some smarter business than such a childish wounded pride behaviour.
Maybe serving as a bluff to cap the fee a bit.

@ancoats
How can "he sign for free today"?
How could rags "jump in"? Sanchez would have to sign such a deal as well as Arsenal. No way.

that's what i meant both he and arsenal happy to move for the money to united

he can sign a pre-contract but i was wrong in thinking in the rules in the leagues they playing at but that's does happen behind close doors a clubs and agent sort out deals all the time for there players and it can be 6 months knowing your going to another club already but keeping shut

He's a ball player, a forward play-maker. History shows dynamic forwards with good all round ability can develop into phenomenal players when others their age are falling off a cliff - I'm thinking Forlan and David Villa rather than Rooney.

As Silva has moved into CM we need a forward with grade A ball-retention and play-making skills. Bernardo is kinda there on the right but he needs at least a season. Sane is so young, dips in form are going to happen. Same with Jesus. It appears Foden is earmarked for midfield, and neither he nor Brahim are ready. If Aguero picked up a knock tonight we could easily find ourselves playing Raheem as CF for a month. Without being perjorative, Aguero is an individualistic character, so we lack a leader for the forward line in the way Silva and KDB and Fern can each lead the midfield, with Ota and Ederson being talismen at the rear.

He knows the premier league inside out
He can fit into Peps system very well
Jesus could be out for2 months
Aguero will be under a lot of strain being our only main CF

Fuck it let’s wait until the summer

We are in a fantastic position as a football club. We can within reason cherry pick the transfer market. Sanchez was one of the outstanding talents in the Premier League for a few years. He still is a very good player but for the next 3 years we can do better.

PSG bought Neymar in the Summer. Then Mbappe. Those are the types of players I would like City to sign. Next Summer we wont be faced with re-building an entire defence, we can buy the very best. Sanchez is no longer the very best and his game is not quite as good as it was. You have to very careful about buying forwards at that age: think Owen, Fowler, RVP, Rooney etc. I maybe wrong. I agree it is time for another break, the replies indicate that.

Marv, please don't do that. You have an opinion and you post it and more importantly you maintain it. Don't be bullied off here because of a few tits who think their opinion trumps yours. Sure, we often disagree with posters, but those that are forcing you to think like this should look in the mirror.

We want him to help the arse take points of Chelsea first.
I also think that as Pep said, with only 2 days between these 2 games we’ve not had chance to deal with much else. I’d expect that after tonight we will assess the situation much more and make our moves soon enough - one thing is for sure, it makes zero sense for us to wait until the end of the window to get him, we need Alexis ASAP.

Marv, please don't do that. You have an opinion and you post it and more importantly you maintain it. Don't be bullied off here because of a few tits who think their opinion trumps yours. Sure, we often disagree with posters, but those that are forcing you to think like this should look in the mirror.
+1

I don't really have an on obsession with young footballers but it's very rare for top clubs to buy players older than 28. Guardiola has bought 2 outfield old players in his career: Alonso and Nolito. The reason is obvious because you buy a player not just for the now, but for the future. Alexis was the best, or one of the best in his position for 6-7 years. I just don't think he will be able to play at that level into his 30's and that's all there is to it.

Comments like yours drag me back in,because I want to discuss football.
Juv bought Higuaín,Atlético bought Costa,Barca bought Paulinho. Not very rare seems to me.

We are in a fantastic position as a football club. We can within reason cherry pick the transfer market. Sanchez was one of the outstanding talents in the Premier League for a few years. He still is a very good player but for the next 3 years we can do better.

PSG bought Neymar in the Summer. Then Mbappe. Those are the types of players I would like City to sign. Next Summer we wont be faced with re-building an entire defence, we can buy the very best. Sanchez is no longer the very best and his game is not quite as good as it was. You have to very careful about buying forwards at that age: think Owen, Fowler, RVP, Rooney etc. I maybe wrong. I agree it is time for another break, the replies indicate that.

Aguero showing a bigger decline than Sanchez. Like Michael Owen and Fernando Torres, when the legs have gone....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.