Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wary of this transfer for a number of reasons.

1. Barcelona never ever sell their best players. Why would the sell Alexis with his best years ahead of him?
2. Wenger is a sly old bollox. We've never had a successful purchase from them. Maybe he sees Alexis has lost a yard?
3. Potentially reduced game time for Sane/Sterling or Jesus.
4. A big ego could upset our dynamic.

1. Neymar.
2. Nasri and Clichy were pretty successful I think. Yes, they didn't reach glorious heights but the former made enough important contributions and the latter put plenty of service in. Yes, neither were at the level we now require but it was a different club with different requirements back then.
3. Sane and Sterling both burned out last season, and Sane in particular is blowing hot and cold. Jesus won't be getting game time for the foreseeable future anyway. We don't have a striker on the bench at the moment.
4. Compared to the big egos we already have? It's called being a top level star and wanting to win things. I think Pep knows the demands of that and how to manage it better than most.

1. Barcelona never ever sell their best players. Why would the sell Alexis with his best years ahead of him?
2. Wenger is a sly old bollox. We've never had a successful purchase from them. Maybe he sees Alexis has lost a yard?

Just to play devils advocate
1. Neymar
2. Sanchez doesn't have a contract so its not Wenger's decision
3. Jesus is injured
4. We have the best manager in the world who can manage any ego

1. sold neymar
2. clichy was a good signing at £7m
3. injury suspension,fatigue
4. hes a winner and peps managed him b4

Good answers
On 1, an anomaly. I don't think Sanchez wanted to go. Why leave Barca for Arsenal if you are a winner.
2. Clichy was terrible. Terrified to go forward and wasn't the best defensively. Left back was a problem for years.
3. I presume he is going to want to be first choice if he's a winner
4. See 1 & 3

On the first two points. He has played some great football already since leaving. Barca have sold other good players who have done well such as Thiago and Ibrahmovic.
Wenger has no choice he ain't resigning so slyness doesn't come into it, he leaves now or in the summer.
Clichy and Nasri were important parts premier league winning teams. Clichy was an outstanding acquisition for the money even if he did fall off a bit latterly. Nasri was very good as well even if not as productive for as long as his talent merited.
The only rotten buy we made was Adebayor who was more for marketing in Africa.

Strange post.

We bought Yaya from Barca and that didn’t go too badly did it. Also you will have seen how Sanchez fared in the premier league for arsenal surely.

Wenger has no choice in letting Sanchez go. He would like him to sign a new contract to stay at Arsenal but Sanchez is not interested.

1. Neymar, Yaya etc
2. Nasri
3. Rotation mate, rotation. Youngster vs experience.
4. He's a winner hence the so called ego. Its not ego, its a winner mentality.

Strange post.

We bought Yaya from Barca and that didn’t go too badly did it. Also you will have seen how Sanchez fared in the premier league for arsenal surely.

Wenger has no choice in letting Sanchez go. He would like him to sign a new contract to stay at Arsenal but Sanchez is not interested.
Pep sold us Yaya because he didn't fancy him. Same with big nose. Didn't fancy him. They obviously didn't fancy Sanchez for some reason.
He's performed brilliantly for Arsenal and from a purely footballing standpoint, it's easy.

It's more about squad dynamics than anything else. Our apple cart is flying, wouldn't risk upsetting it.

Hopefully they are empty worries, he comes in, fits the dynamic and everyone gets along.

1. Neymar, Yaya etc
2. Nasri
3. Rotation mate, rotation. Youngster vs experience.
4. He's a winner hence the so called ego. Its not ego, its a winner mentality.

Ok due to general consensus and my incorrect wording I'll cede point 1.

Samir was a fucking disaster area. Not enough output for the sheer amount of trouble he brought.

Again fair point, but when all fit I'd hate to see one of our future three lose out on game time for a near 30 year old

I haven't seen much of a winning mentality with his behaviour this season. Quite happy to publicly and demonstrably berate his teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.