Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why suddenly everyone is concerned about Sanchez' age and 50mill price tag! All were happy when we were getting linked to 50mill rated Bonucci who is also older than Sanchez!!!!!

A bit different though being a centre half that age who does not rely on pace as much compared to a winger/wide attacking player. It's also about the reality that his contract is winding down. He'd go for twice that if he had one more year left on his deal.

However, with improvements in sports science and health, diet, etc. many players can play past 30 now and still be effective.

For those concerned, look at Ronaldo. He's 32. Sanga at 33 years old (2015/16 season) was our best fullback and started for France in the Euros as a result.

Alexis is 28 and turns 29 near the end of December. We'd surely get at least 2-3 seasons of top quality play, and possibly more. It's a risk and, sure, we may have to give him a 5 year contract to completely lure him away (Hope it's 4), but we then have a wealth of young talent to potentially take over as he ages. It's also what it likely takes to get a player of his quality at this stage in his career, but we have the resources if he goes in decline after 2 seasons, and are planning accordingly.

He's actually younger than Kun (by 6 months). Would anyone argue against signing him if you knew he was available and you needed a striker?

Arsenal have English FFP implications this summer. If you believe some of the info out there a lot of what they do in the market from here on depends on what happens with Alexis and Ozil. If that's the case I don't see them sitting on their hands until September.

Wait, Arsenal, with Wenger, one of the most outspoken proponents of FFP, and who whinged on about the rules being softened, is now at risk of breaking the rules? I'd love to read more about that.

Is this due to dropping out of CL or...?

Think Sanchez is the least important player of the lot (four fullbacks, a CD, Ederson and Bernardo) to be signed sealed and delivered before a ball's kicked in anger...

He's a professional at his peak with bags of experience (so knows what he needs to be doing to start a season in peak condition), knows the Premier League inside out (so doesn't need to 'acclimatise' to the rigours of the league, and has worked with Pep before (so of all our signings, will know what's expected, what will be asked of him tactically to a degree, knows how Pep works and talks and communicates...

The others will have to learn all that to one degree or another, and think would benefit from being signed, sealed and delivered before the team leaves for pre season or as soon as dammit.

Sanchez's timeframe doesn't worry me as much as the others in terms of the impact it would have on the team come kickoff on the first day of the season.

I really want him. But if it is to believed that he only wants to play for Pep then this would still be the case in 12 months. Would we really pay £50m for 12 months?

The fee doesn't make sense to me for someone who would come in 12 months anyway. Would Arsenal turn down £30/40m if he didn't sign a contract?

Think Sanchez is the least important player of the lot (four fullbacks, a CD, Ederson and Bernardo) to be signed sealed and delivered before a ball's kicked in anger...

He's a professional at his peak with bags of experience (so knows what he needs to be doing to start a season in peak condition), knows the Premier League inside out (so doesn't need to 'acclimatise' to the rigours of the league, and has worked with Pep before (so of all our signings, will know what's expected, what will be asked of him tactically to a degree, knows how Pep works and talks and communicates...

The others will have to learn all that to one degree or another, and think would benefit from being signed, sealed and delivered before the team leaves for pre season or as soon as dammit.

Sanchez's timeframe doesn't worry me as much as the others in terms of the impact it would have on the team come kickoff on the first day of the season.

I think it's important for people to realise that the earliest he would debut would be against Everton at home. That's if he signs before that date, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.