Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is it, all is well for our attack already with the addition of B.Silva. But then you see we're chasing Alexis and it seems overkill.. especially when the money could be thrown at ANY centre back in world football instead.

We all trust Aguero on here in terms of loyalty. The worst case scenario is his ambition to go "home" to Argentine and run his contract down. Fair do's.
Behind the scenes, I'm not yet convinced Pep has been won over totally. He knows his "quality" as he says... but he's been critical in public of parts of his game. To be fair Sergio turned it around with good performances near end of season but he did have his worst streak of form last season over the winter months. The doubt in my mind would be settled if this mystery 1 year extension is cleared up.

For me, Alexis at 30-50m is pointless if free next season. I would go balls out for Kane or Lewandowski to fill that tall forward void. "Kane won't go anywhere" is the mantra of all fans.. but you have to get stuck in and hope a seed can be planted when Spurs struggle at Wembley and top 4 wanes..
Lewandowski would be great but there isn't a chance Bayern would part with him at all. With Kane we wouldn't play to his strengths for starters and Spurs will ask for stupid money. There are other alternatives even if it isn't a recognised forward.

Last edited:
Hope all this is not going to end in dissapointment
I fear the worst...
neil-pointon.JPG

I hate to say this but I really don't think this is going to go down until close to the end of the close season, maybe even the entire window, if it does (I think it will).

I know this will be maddening to a lot of our fans, but Arsenal will surely be in no rush to sell, especially to us. Maybe Wenger hopes Alexis will like playing with Lacazette and stick around.

Txiki and Pep surely know we can survive without him, having SJS available during preseason, who are already familiar with the way we play and provide us with 2 of the 3 to start the season if we have to. This is also why I also think the high priority (pretty much needs to happen) is to get 1 right sided and 1 left sided fullback signed by July 10th or so (seems to be Alves and Mendy) because we can add the other two after and they will just get less games to start the season as they blend in.

Jesus would seem to be the favourite for that place, if I was wagering anything, and then Sane and Sterling...in that order of probability. But that's also part of why we have preseason, no? To let players prove themselves.

Not signing Alexis before preseason would allow one of them to show who should start as the 3rd attacking player (which would not exactly be shocking for Pep to use as motivation) assuming we sign Alexis. If not Sanchez, nor someone of his quality like say, Coman, the three could prove themselves as one of the two to play with Kun.

I hate to say this but I really don't think this is going to go down until close to the end of the close season, maybe even the entire window, if it does (I think it will).

I know this will be maddening to a lot of our fans, but Arsenal will surely be in no rush to sell, especially to us. Maybe Wenger hopes Alexis will like playing with Lacazette and stick around.

Txiki and Pep surely know we can survive without him, having SJS available during preseason, who are already familiar with the way we play and provide us with 2 of the 3 to start the season if we have to. This is also why I also think the high priority (pretty much needs to happen) is to get 1 right sided and 1 left sided fullback signed by July 10th or so (seems to be Alves and Mendy) because we can add the other two after and they will just get less games to start the season as they blend in.

Jesus would seem to be the favourite for that place, if I was wagering anything, and then Sane and Sterling...in that order of probability. But that's also part of why we have preseason, no? To let players prove themselves.

Not signing Alexis before preseason would allow one of them to show who should start as the 3rd attacking player (which would not exactly be shocking for Pep to use as motivation) assuming we sign Alexis. If not Sanchez, nor someone of his quality like say, Coman, the three could prove themselves as one of the two to play with Kun.
Arsenal have English FFP implications this summer. If you believe some of the info out there a lot of what they do in the market from here on depends on what happens with Alexis and Ozil. If that's the case I don't see them sitting on their hands until September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.