Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
100%.

Also all the talk that Arsenal are gonna let him walk on a free is manifestly nonsense. Zero chance that happens for a myriad of reasons. Another transfer that's becoming more inevitable with each passing day. Football is a small pond and the signing of Lacazette has left City feeling even more emboldened that the Sanchez deal will get done.
I think it's possible that Arsenal may hold on to Sanchez. Unlikely perhaps but will depend on Wenger's reading of Sanchez's and his players mentality. How would Arsenal repalce Sanchez's goals and assists next season. if they let him go, they are in difficulties. If they keep him, they are also in difficulties because his heart wont be in it. Perhaps key is Arsenal getting someone in like Mahrez. Also depends on how much Sanchez wants to play for Pep. he could force it if he really wants. Easiest option is Sanchez does nothing and just lets it play out, but is he that kind of character?

Because now he wants 400k, ruling bayern out, and many others. Next season he ll want 200k, just take the transfer fee himself rather than it going to Arsenal.
Everyone here is saying hes demanding huge wages so that he goes to Man city who will pay half that, killing off all the competition to get his dream city move, im starting to think this is looking a bit far fetched.

He is demanding nothing more or less than a move to City and Arsenal know it.

Talk of wanting £400k is just bollox, planted by the Arsenal PR machine as they attempt to make him the bad guy.

Because now he wants 400k, ruling bayern out, and many others. Next season he ll want 200k, just take the transfer fee himself rather than it going to Arsenal.
Everyone here is saying hes demanding huge wages so that he goes to Man city who will pay half that, killing off all the competition to get his dream city move, im starting to think this is looking a bit far fetched.

I don't think he wants 400k from City. He might from Arsenal, he might see that as compensation for staying and playing in the EL which could result in him losing sponsorship money from not being in the CL - I don know

I think it's more likely he will play for City than Arsenal next season. But there is no chance he will be getting 400k a week basic wage from City

Dont think Sanchez coming for free next summer is an option for us , We need him this season so if he doesnt come we will go for an alternative and won't need his position filling next summer, its now or never for us and Sanchez. My guess is we give him a deadline and then move onto plan b.
The question is which player can be an alternative? Mbappe is too expensive and want to go to Madrid, Dembele is a great player with a lot of potential but we need more a goal machine than another Sane, Sterling kind of winger

Even without Sanchez, id still put City favourites to win the league this season, and if that happens, its unlikely youll still want him next summer. He ll still get his 400k a week from somewhere. He can get more if he goes to china.
If Kompany stays fit otherwise we have an achilles heel. Otamendi and Stones got ruthlessly exposed every time someone counter-attacked City.

If Kompany stays fit otherwise we have an achilles heel. Otamendi and Stones got ruthlessly exposed every time someone counter-attacked City.

You do have weaknesses, but you are still the best team in the country, on paper. Especially if you sort out the goalkeeper issue.

I think it's possible that Arsenal may hold on to Sanchez. Unlikely perhaps but will depend on Wenger's reading of Sanchez's and his players mentality. How would Arsenal repalce Sanchez's goals and assists next season. if they let him go, they are in difficulties. If they keep him, they are also in difficulties because his heart wont be in it. Perhaps key is Arsenal getting someone in like Mahrez. Also depends on how much Sanchez wants to play for Pep. he could force it if he really wants. Easiest option is Sanchez does nothing and just lets it play out, but is he that kind of character?

Arsenal are run as a business. IMO, and of course it's just my opinion, there's zero chance they let a 50 million pound asset leave for free in 12 months.

He is demanding nothing more or less than a move to City and Arsenal know it.

Talk of wanting £400k is just bollox, planted by the Arsenal PR machine as they attempt to make him the bad guy.
There's the £270k pw wage offer from Arsenal which is very public and I would guess accurate. Wages is a red herring. At this stage of his career I think he craves trophies. Of course he wants to be well paid too. Every player is at City but he'd have to win trophies to get that kind of money.

You do have weaknesses, but you are still the best team in the country, on paper. Especially if you sort out the goalkeeper issue.
I'm not sure to be honest. Last Summer I was very confident. We all see our teams though tinted glasses. By Christmas I realised our defence was a car crash. Keeper move was a farce. All our full backs were finished, and Kompany was injured. We basically had nothing at the back so on the few occasions we lost the ball, teams raced straight through and scored. there were games at Leicester and Everton where they literally scored with every attack. That is my main worry now. We have got a keeper in, but keepers can take a while to settle, and if Kompany gets injured we'll have a new keeper again, or Bravo and 2 stand in defenders who struggled last season. Chelsea have the best all round squad, but no striker, and there might be problems with their coach. Spurs have a young vibrant team. Utd will be better. I don't see anyone running away with it. Liverpool need to kick on with their transfers. Arsenal have a lot of quality, and no CL distraction. You might this season have the motivation you lacked last season. last season must have been traumatic. Sometimes out of adversity teams an react. Looking forward to the real season instead of the phoney war

Arsenal are run as a business. IMO, and of course it's just my opinion, there's zero chance they let a 50 million pound asset leave for free in 12 months.
Kroenke looks weak to me. I do think Wenger runs the show. One of the last clubs where manager has total control. It's all impressions really. I could be totally wrong on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.