Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to be optimistic Sanchez is on his way when the media start reporting massive wage demands from him and his agent (400k a week +) Making him out to be a mercenary and only after money. IMO Arsenal have briefed the press about this to demonise him and get fans to turn against him and make his departure more palatable. I would also think it would suit them getting the deal done now so fans accept it get used to it before the new season starts, If they leave it till after the season starts no doubt the fans would kick right off and be on Wengers back from the off.
It would be better for both clubs to sort it out. Arsenal must know now that he is not going to sign an extended contract. If they are going to sell him, it would probably make sense to just get it done and move on. Dragging it out to make life awkward for us, also makes lie awkward for them. Presumably they want to spend in the transfer market and as you say get their fans heads around it all - and players. I doubt they'd want the opening weeks of the season dominated by is he staying or is he going

It does seem a bit more likely at the moment but every Summer we seem to have a transfer saga and they are full of ups and downs.

Well the window doesn't shut until September so let's just see how things pan out. Keep it open as I'm sure there's a few more swings and roundabouts ahead. I think it's 50/50 whether he comes so I'm nervously excited/pessimistic this window. If he comes fantastic, if he doesn't then move on to the next target. Simples.

I wasn't being serious mate but I'll leave it there to save face in case Sanchez doesn't sign anyway. I've already envisioned Sanchez playing with City so I'll be gutted if he doesn't sign.

Chelsea match United's bit for Lukaku.

It's great to know they've given up on any thoughts off Sanchez, and know like all other clubs that if he is to be sold by Arsenal he 'only wants to come to City'.

Remember that chant.

"City, City, nobody knows your name." ;-)

Last edited:
Not arsed either way, if he comes he comes if he doesn't he doesn't, sooner have Aubameyang anyway

Still looking promising this it seems. World class player who knows Pep and fits into his sytem perfectly who'd be the difference on numerous occasions. Even if we were to only get 3 top class years out of him, Sane will be 24 then, Sterling 25, Gabriel Jesus 23 and Bernardo Silva if he plays wider 25. All coming of age if not already and bang at it. Sign him up

To think if we get Sanchez for around £50m, added to the Silva fee and it's what United or Chelsea are paying for Lukaku.

Apparently Inter Milan 's new Chinese owners want to make Sanchez 'the poster boy for their new era' whatever that means!
Surely the kind of package required to land him would require their oriental proprietors to breach the FFP regs that stopped us from landing him before, the same regs which have now been relaxed to allow them to do exactly what we were stopped from doing.
Could we be punished again by losing out on Sanchez by the reverse application of the same - but changed- bent rules?
If he only wants to come to us and play for Pep - no problem, but if Chinese backed Inter come up with a mind-boggling package, who knows?
Somebody put my mind at rest!!
UEFA/G14 changed FFP after our fine to now say any NEW owners who can show they have the money & a costed business plan can have a period of accelerated growth outside of FFP, The fuckin bent bastards..

To think if we get Sanchez for around £50m, added to the Silva fee and it's what United or Chelsea are paying for Lukaku.
when you think about like that it is crazy, the amount of ability you can get for the Lukaku price if you do smart business is crazy

when you think about like that it is crazy, the amount of ability you can get for the Lukaku price if you do smart business is crazy
I was shocked we got bernardo quite cheap. Also so quickly as well. Especially with how much Mendy is dragging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.