Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I'm aware the deal is done from a financial perspective but Sanchez is just insisting that Wenger run naked around their stadium. I think it's silly myself but I guess that's professional football culture today.

Fully respect your info Billy. I've resigned myself to the fact he's leaving a while ago, so anything different is a bonus for me. If we get a Lemar, or a Mahrez, although not as good as Alexis, i'm not sure we could have done much more so i'll be content with that & wish Alexis well.

I'm calling bullshit that you're an arsenal fan with them last 3 words ;-)

I don't really get that logic though tbh, sounds like fan logic to me. They had Sanchez last year and finished 5th. The other teams pushing for those 4 spots also won't sit on their hands and just let them finish in the top 4. Keeping Sanchez for a single season is only really viable option for gutted desperate fans and Wenger at a push. Makes zero sense for the Arsenal board though. If he's dead set on going, they'll surely cash in. I'd be really disappointed in City if we took the hard line on a player who clearly didn't want to be here just to prove a point, losing him for naff all next year proves nothing and loses the last chance to get a decent fee. Mental attitude imo.
yes I am not saying it would be the right thing for Arsenal to do, but there is an argument that if Sanchez were to repeat his goals and assists from last season it could fire them back into the Champions League and hence be worth £50m to them. What is £50m nowadays. Being devalued by the week.

Of all of our transfer targets, Sanchez is probably the one that wouldn't cause too much disruption if it dragged on. We need the defenders on board for pre season, but Sanchez would probably fit in effortlessly even if signed in late August

Would be really surprised if this concluded this month. Arsenal won't budge quick even though they would want to reinvest.

No matter what Arsenal say, they are posturing. That's the thing. They simply will not keep him there against his will, it's bad for the team and will cost them over £50m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.