Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the unreliable media does anyone know if City are actually interested in signing Sanchez ?

As difficult as it is during silly season, I always try to let common sense lead the way.

An old boss of mine once said, if you feel like something is wrong, then it probably is.

I've always thought that way.

So based on that, my feeling is we are most certainly interested in Sanchez. Don't think there is a doubt about that.

Where I disagree with many on here is the length of time it's going to take for us to make it happen. I personally feel it's much further along than most think.

Do I think we have made a bid? Yes I do. Or I certainly think we have made Arsenal aware and have given them an idea of what we are willing to pay.

It's obvious that Arsenal are searching for a replacement. That would suggest they will let him go, something else which makes a lot of sense to me.

He's in his final year and clearly wants to leave. His body language last year and the spats he had make it clear. The link to city is Pep, who he has a lot of admiration for.

Arsenal will be risking losing a significant sum if they choose to be stubborn and given the links they have to other strikers, in think it's fairly obvious they have decided not to be.

It's a tough one to swallow if you're an Arsenal fan, so tough many will tell you the club would never let it happen. Not after Van Persie.

Unfortunately for Arsenal, they have been mismanaged and are on the decline, dropping out of the champions league has been coming. They sell their best players and this is well known.

I think he will end up here, and I think it will be completed within the couple weeks, tops.

Wengers comments to me suggests he's indirectly talking to his Agent there. Basically saying you're going to have to force a move if you want one this summer. He said virtually the same thing about Nasri before he came here. He's come out and said he wants to keep Sanchez, now it's down to Sanchez to play the villain and publicly state he wishes to leave this summer, put in a transfer request and accept the backlash from Arsenal fans. without him doing that he stays. The comments about his contract are telling too. That's pretty clearly telling us he's refused to sign a new contract and doesn't intend on signing a new one.
Wenger ever the accountant

As difficult as it is during silly season, I always try to let common sense lead the way.

An old boss of mine once said, if you feel like something is wrong, then it probably is.

So based on that, my feeling is we are most certainly interested in Sanchez. Don't think there is a doubt about that.

Where I disagree with many on here is the length of time it's going to take for us to make it happen. I personally feel it's much further along than most think.

Do I think we have made a bid? Yes I do. Or I certainly think we have made Arsenal aware and have given them an idea of what we are willing to pay.

It's obvious that Arsenal are searching for a replacement. That would suggest they will let him go, something else which makes a lot of sense to me.

He's in his final year and clearly wants to leave. His body language last year and the spats he had make it clear. The link to city is Pep, who he has a lot of admiration for.

Arsenal will be risking losing a significant sum if they choose to be stubborn and given the links they have to other strikers, in think it's fairly obvious they have decided not to be.

It's a tough one to swallow if you're an Arsenal fan, so tough many will tell you the club would never let it happen. Not after Van Persie.

Unfortunately for Arsenal, they have been mismanaged and are on the decline, dropping out of the champions league has been coming. They sell their best players and this is well known.

I think he will end up here, and I think it will be completed within the couple weeks, tops.

As good an example of confirmation bias as I've seen.

Thanks for that Proy, I suppose where multi million pound deals are concerned it is no surprise we tread carefully. The process if we are interested is complex so guessing at what stage that has reached must be exactly that a guess.

When he re-signs after we win the Premiership

200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.